• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you like character x try character y!

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
If you like Yoshi, try Fox!

They have a similar UpSmash, NAir, FTilt, and lots of other moves! Fox moves a decent amount quicker than Yoshi however, which allows you to combat opposing Foxes and Shieks! Fox also has a straight-away projectile, so Link players can't just zone you out with projectiles! Their options for recovery are very different however. Fox can also do many more combos than Yoshi. This doesn't make him any better though, as Yoshi is a lot stronger in most of his moves. Fox also has his Shine, which allows you to combat Lucario and Ness players!

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
If you like Sheik, try ZSS (and vice versa)! Many of their moves are very similar, but Sheik is a bit more mobile.

They have similar F-smash, Down-b, movement (and they can both crawl) and they're both pretty good jugglers.

the8thark

Smash Lord
If you like Pit, try Dark Pit!
The Sakurai bias this young one has. Strong Jedi it will make him.

If you like Bowser, try King Dedede.
Both are fat ass sons of *******. Slow but heavy hitting. And they both play very similarly, being able to tank a lot of damage before being able to be KO'd.

Jimray3

Smash Rookie
If you like Ness try Lu..... Oh

In all seriousness:
If you like meta knight try kirby!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If you like Olimar, try playing Alph also :smash:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
- If you like Robin, try Ness.
-
If you like Snake, try Duck Hunt. Seriously, I can't be the only one who believes the majority of his move-set was manipulated from Snake's in ways.
- Some will call me crazy for this one, but if you like Mega Man, try Palutena. They both excel at zoning IMO.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
If you like Ness, don't bother using other characters. Ness is all you need.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I'd say if you like Peach, try Jigglypuff and vice versa. They both excel in the air, have powerful aerial attacks, they do most of their fighting up close, and they're both pink.

haydyn

Smash Cadet
if you like luigi try mario or dr mario,
dr mario is more like luigi due to his down special but mario has a similar speed and feel to him.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
dr mario is more like luigi due to his down special but mario has a similar speed and feel to him.
Mario actually feels completely different to me from Luigi, and I was never able to get a proper feel for Mario. It just doesn't feel fluent or smooth like it does for Luigi. Honestly Dr. Mario feels like he controls better than Mario as a Luigi main.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
- If you like Robin, try Ness.
That is a good one. Chances are a Robin main will enjoy Ness and vice-versa.
If you like Snake, try Duck Hunt. Seriously, I can't be the only one who believes the majority of his move-set was manipulated from Snake's in ways.
Their moveset*

Last edited:

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
I am guessing we want something more than the "clones" right? "If you like Lucina you may well like Marth" is hardly game breaking knowledge lol!

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Mario actually feels completely different to me from Luigi, and I was never able to get a proper feel for Mario. It just doesn't feel fluent or smooth like it does for Luigi. Honestly Dr. Mario feels like he controls better than Mario as a Luigi main.
:4luigi: is one of my mains, so I can play a decent :4mario:/:4drmario:. Their play style is a different and more complex than :4luigi:'s but feel the same.

If you like Brawl Falco, you'll like Sm4sh Falco!

Oh wait...no you won't.
Personally, I prefer my old voice.

SilverhandX

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverhandX
This goes both ways, but if you link Link try Marth/Lucina. They feel similar as sword characters, but with Link having more emphasis on projectiles and Marth/Lucina having more on aerials. Definitely think players of one will enjoy the other though.

Khao

Smash Lord
I came here to make a Ridley joke.

Then I remembered that they're never funny.

Oh well.

Anyway, how about something a little bit different?

If you like Marth, try Mega Man.

What?

They're pretty much polar opposites, but I personally enjoy them both pretty much equally for some reason I can't explain. Just try a character that's the complete opposite of what you're used to, you might be surprised.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
If you like Ike, try Shulk. Long-reach swordsmen, sacrifice Ike's power for Shulk's versatility.

If you like Captain Falcon, try Ganondorf. Sacrifice speed for absurd power.

If you like Zelda, try Rosalina. Some similar aerials and they just feel similar to me.

If you like Ness, try Robin. Less-spammable but stronger projectiles.

Inverse also works for each.

Last edited:

Jimray3

Smash Rookie
One of my friend who is a Kirby main says that Smash 4 Kirby is better than 64 kirby. I think he's nuts, do you agree?
Hmmm I wouldn't say kirby's better than 64 but she is definitely stronger than brawl

Koggy

Yoshi Adept
If you like Donkey Kong, try new Bowser. Different moveset but has the powerhouse feel you like, and small cost to speed.

Top Bottom