• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to see exactly one veteran go, who would you prefer to lose in SSB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Exactly as the title says.

I'm assuming most would like for the full cast to return, but there's always a possibility that a member of the old cast will be dropped. Who would you like to see dropped, if you had to choose, and why?

The idea of this thread is to get another perspective. While Sakurai will never see this, we all know what characters people want for the next Smash. What we don't know is who people would prefer gone in the next Smash, if someone had to go; if Sakurai decides to take anyone out, he'll likely take out a character who is unpopular, serves no purpose and has become irrelevant or stale. This thread is to get people's perspectives on who that would be.

For me it'd be Sonic. I understand many like him, and he fits in decently in Brawl, but his annoying character, generally horrible games (recently anyway), relatively boring fighting style (very similar B moves, no killing power, copy-pasted A moves from other characters) and the fact that he's third party and therefore expensive to include (thus taking budget from many other potential characters), makes me not want him in the next game. I hate playing as him because he's so boring to play as; his only novelty is his running speed, which was murdered by tripping anyway.

Anyway, discuss.

D

Deleted member

This thread is going to get locked since we're not supposed to make "negative threads" here.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

These kind of threads should be avoided, yes. Causing unnecessary flame wars is a big no-no around these parts.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
The idea isn't to start Flame Wars, just to give opinions. If we can all talk civilly with one another, no problems should arise. We can all agree to disagree, I just thought I'd see where people's opinions lie. For example, I personally like Falco, but Phazon is inclined to disagree. More power to him.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
theres a few but i just rather not say anything still has a chance to spark a flame war and hurt PeeP'z Feelings...i am a calm, loving shy guy.

But we all know ''what Shy Guy Say's goes''

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Right, I'll even say it myself, the "p-offed" Sonic fanboys comment was for humorous effect, not to start flame wars. I myself won't tolerate insults or flame wars when that's not the intention. If that's what they all want to do, let this thread be locked if people can't act mature.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also see no problem, plus this seem pretty organised. We could all argue this decently and not flame each other. But it helps if people explain why I guess.

If people want my reasons, I could post them. Battery is almost gone though so I'll post them later.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Right, I'll even say it myself, the "p-offed" Sonic fanboys comment was for humorous effect, not to start flame wars. I myself won't tolerate insults or flame wars when that's not the intention. If that's what they all want to do, let this thread be locked if people can't act mature.
Yh but these forums are wayyy more mature then other game forums i have seen for games that are rated mature and smash isnt! Hahaha

These boards are good man..the only forum i havent been banned from...(yet....(-_-)
.thats why i return/stick around! This is indeed a good forum.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yh but these forums are wayyy more mature then other game forums i have seen for games that are rated mature and smash isnt! Hahaha

These boards are good man..the only forum i havent been banned from...(yet....(-_-)
.thats why i return/stick around! This is indeed a good forum.
Then no problems should arise.

Btw remember to include reasons why they should be let go (that DON'T involve insults.) I.e. don't like fighting style etc. This is towards everyone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I could explain now.

Sheik: Am pretty known for my opinion on her here, but reasons I want her gone include: brokenness in the Zelda / Sheik duo characters, and Sakurai saying he wants to focus on balance. Her moveset could easily transfer or mostly transfer over to Impa as aswell. Or at least her playstyle. Sheik is also quite irrelevant to Zelda cause of her sole appearance in OoT. And I just don't see her fit on Skyward Sword Zelda.

Sonic: 3rd party character who was overhyped and ended up sucking badly. Hopefully he was just a guest for Brawl. Moveset also felt quite uninspired.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I meant insults to other people on the boards who disagree. In other words, no flaming people deliberately/retaliating about a negative post to a character with flaming.
Oww i see oww i would never insult anyone here no way

Ok

****ING GAY ****TY PEICE OF DOUCHE ICE CLIMBERS SO ****ING ANNOYING AND ******** TO PLAY AS ****ING HOLD POO POO PLATTA OR NANA IN PYJAMAS **** ALL THE TIME JUST SO ONE OF THEM DOESNT GET KILLED..UGH THE EVENT MATCHES WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE THEM OR EVEN BEING THEM TO DO CLASSIC/ADVENTURE IS LIKE STICKING A SYRINGE DOWN THE WHOLE OF YOUR PENIS...

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Oww i see oww i would never insult anyone here no way

Ok

****ING GAY ****TY PEICE OF DOUCHE ICE CLIMBERS SO ****ING ANNOYING AND ******** TO PLAY AS ****ING HOLD POO POO PLATTA OR NANA IN PYJAMAS **** ALL THE TIME JUST SO ONE OF THEM DOESNT GET KILLED..UGH THE EVENT MATCHES WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE THEM OR EVEN BEING THEM TO DO CLASSIC/ADVENTURE IS LIKE STICKING A SYRINGE DOWN THE WHOLE OF YOUR PENIS...
Lol that's intense. Fighting against them competitively is a nightmare too because of the chain grab.

I'm guessing Mario is getting flak for being bland and subpar, especially in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pichu was a given, but really I don't see why most people are so against character cuts. Every cut besides Mewtwo and Roy I felt where justified. I'm not for cutting characters completely, but a replacement would always be Nice. Like what happened with Young and Toon Link. I wouldn't mind this happening with Impa and Sheik. But would hate it if it happened with Chrom and Ike.

[laughs]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokemon Trainer. Would be sad to see my man Zard go, but, it would be okay.

Wait what le **** am I saying? Sonic and Snake gfto.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Pichu was a given, but really I don't see why most people are so against character cuts. Every cut besides Mewtwo and Roy I felt where justified. I'm not for cutting characters completely, but a replacement would always be Nice. Like what happened with Young and Toon Link. I wouldn't mind this happening with Impa and Sheik. But would hate it if it happened with Chrom and Ike.

[laughs]
Yh but as everyone knows they can never please everyone...PeePz are always gonna be butt hurt no matter what....kinda funny ****ed up thing though is these days Devs seem to make games ''Super Games'' that try appeal to everyone and they end getting flamed/critized harder then if they was to just do there own thing....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Butthurt will always excist. Like if Ridley and K.Rool would get in the game, but they both play really lame. And Mewtwo returns, but everybody complains he's MetaKnight on steriods tier.

Sonic and Sake are likely gonna get the most votes though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I expect Snake and Sonic to be cut, but I don't exactly want anyone to be cut.

Each character offers a unique gameplay experience that is lost when the character is gone. That's why I don't want any cuts this time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In all honesty I to would like as many characters in as possible, even if that means clones of basically every character already in now, or some even having more. Then again that is gonna be very unrealistic, and I believe we'll get a bigger roster yet with some changes.

I'll also gonna play advocate of the Devil, or well seeing as you guys are all so right about this, I'll probably be seen as El Diablo himself but: even though Ice Climbers and Sheik returned from Melee, I could still see them gone this next Smash.

Both are heavily broken, heavily irrelevant, and don't really contributie to the game's balance.

Don't really wanna see the Ice Climbers gone, but they need to get fixed badly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
EXACTLY. Skyward Sword Link better replace Twilight Princess Link. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do you know whom I want GONE? Ganondorf.

He is trash. A heap of gutter trash. The lowest on the tier list, it makes any true, hardcore Smash fan vomit in disgust and weep in shame. Truly, Ganondorf, for being a completely useless character, he must be gone from the roster forever.

Wait, you telling me Sakurai and his team can balance him and make him better? Never! Sakurai is ruining the series and Namco Bandai are complete incompetents! There's absolutely no way Ganondorf will ever be good. Why waste a precious spot in the roster with such uselessness like Ganondorf?

As we can see, Mewtwo was a good riddance too. Was low tier scum no one ever cared for. For that reason alone, he should never return, no matter what the filthy, horrible, disgusting casual **** players think. Those are not true Smash players. Sakurai should only cater to true Smash players or the game will flop entirely. It will sell less copies and profit less because true Smash players don't care about a game with characters no one gives a damn.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I had to choose, Sonic and Snake.

It's not because I don't like them. I really do. It's just that 3rd Parties are the most expendable in a Nintendo fighting game.

Also, under this circumstance, we wouldn't get more 3rd Parties, to not be a slap in the face to Kojima and SEGA.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally want to see Snake gone more than I want Sonic gone. As much as I don't like MK, Olimar, or G&W, they're likely gonna keep them anyways. While Sonic was just there only because of all the requests from Sonic Fanboys (no offense), Snake was just there for a reason that I forgot, with all them broken tilts that could kill off most of the cast somewhat easily *glares at U-tilt*, with great DI that makes him hard to kill, not to mention not many bad MUs, save for like MK and Olimar with a bit of D3 and Marth iirc.
But you get the idea, they're both 3rd party characters as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom