• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to choose Day 3; The leak.....................

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
Last time, Issac beat out Shulk in a really close battle. It was down to the wire the whole time. Today, in a special three-way, the characters of the alleged leak face off!

PUNCH-OUT!!!

VS

PAC-MAN

VS

Mii CHANNEL

Yes, indeed yes. Much has been said about this "leak" questioning the truth in it. But today, if you had to choose,
Little Mac vs PAC-MAN vs Mii

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There isn't much of a contest today, makes a nice change from yesterday.

I'm not huge on any of those three but Little Mac is still head and shoulders above the other two for me. I imagine he's going to win this comfortably.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Little Mac! I choose you!

I hate Miis and would rather not have Pac-Man.

EDIT: Also, Three cheers for Isaac!

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Mii because it's the closest we'll ever get to Hank Hill in Smash Bros.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Have to say Pac-Man, not only because of the novelty and the fact that Namco is helping with the game, but because Miis would be awful and I just don't like Little Mac.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm not familiar with this leak, but whatever. Little Mac is probably a lock as a character and as winner for this topic. But I think Pac-Man would make a more interesting character. So, my vote is for Pac-Man.

Mii because it's the closest we'll ever get to Hank Hill in Smash Bros.
I don't see how that's close.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm not sure why these two characters are being compared. There's pretty much nothing linking them together other than the fact that they were both part of that supposed leak. They wouldn't be competing for a single spot, like some could see Isaac and Shulk, or even Ridley and K. Rool doing.

Anyway, I'd pick Little Mac.

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
I'm not sure why these two characters are being compared. There's pretty much nothing linking them together other than the fact that they were both part of that supposed leak. They wouldn't be competing for a single spot, like some could see Isaac and Shulk, or even Ridley and K. Rool doing.

Anyway, I'd pick Little Mac.
Sometimes, the only thing linking them together is the fact they are extremely hated. My GameFAQs series sometimes has nothing linking them together. at all.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Definitely, definitely Little Mac. He's one of my most wanted newcomers, while I don't really want either Pac-Man or Mii.

grizby2

Smash Lord
if little mac aint in this next shin-dig, then im gonna break something, so my vote goes to him.
don't know why pac-man gets so much hate, hed make a decent character....miis on the other hand... I cant stand them, plus we already have villager as the "could be customized" character, and the wii fit trainer kinda takes the "purely from Nintendo" spot, and the miis on top of that is just crowding the scene imo.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Little Mac is probably the overall best choice and would be the best received no matter what. Although I think people would largely warm up to Pac Man if Sakurai got a hold of him and did his magic so it'd be close. I've always liked Miis, I've been in a very small minority with this, but I'll admit that it'd probably be best to not select him out of the three, even though honestly Little Mac personally interests me the least. Upgrading any of the assist trophies to characters doesn't seem very compelling and Little Mac would have a distinct style, and there's always Sakurai's magic, but the character himself doesn't excite me much (aside from the "Punch-Out!! representation appeal).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd take Little Mac personally. I'm not too fond of the other two options. I don't hate them. I just rather see certain other characters first before they do.

Reznor

work in progress
I don't care about any of these guys so Pacman because I wanna mix things up

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'll go with Little Mac.

Pac Man, I wouldn't care for in Smash Bros. When I think of Nintendo, Pac Man is far from my mind. Smash Bros is about the uniqueness of Nintendo and the various cast of stars that have represented the company throughout the past decades. Other than a couple of GameCube and Wii games, Pac Man has no part in that. Nothing against him, but Little Mac is actually relevant, in that area. That's why I almost had a bit of a problem with Snake in Brawl, but that hole's been dug.

Dig dug.

Miis, I have no problem with. They seem to work fine as stat-based characters in Mario Kart and Mario & Sonic, but I still give the point to Little Mac. He's higher up on my list of hopes and dreams for SSB4.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well it's late but here goes anyway.

Little Mac.

This is one of those characters that should have been represented from the START in SSB.

The problem is that in Japan, Punch Out wasn't as much of a staple-franchise like in the West. Instead, Punch Out was always promotional material. It started out as a Golf-prize, and then released after people wanted it BADLY. Then Super Punch Out was also some sort of promotional Super Famicom thingie instead of a retail game, and THEN they realised they should have been selling it. O r something along those lines

Anyway, Punch Out is as Nintendo as Zelda or Metroid. And back in SSB, when most characters in the roster had only 1-3 games, Little Mac would've had a whopping 4 games on his background.

Way more deserving than a Mii or a guest character for that matter. Nothing wrong with the other choices, it's just that Little Mac deserves this WAY more. :)

Top Bottom