• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change Sonic's movepool...

Endei

Smash Cadet
NNID
EndeiHero
3DS FC
4854-7111-4790
If you could change Sonic's movepool to make MORE sense and have less repetitiveness in it, you totally would right?

Sonic has so many attacks that even have names to them and they couldn't be bothered to assign at least one.

If I could change it it would stay true to his original attacks like so:

Jab: Have it Punch, KICK, and then kick.
Up tilt: Make the upsmash this.
Forward tilt: Same.
Down tilt: Same.
Dash Attack: Sonic Windmill (Propels and twirls with a kick.)
Up Smash: Upper Kick (A Fox style up smash)
Side Smash: Sonic Flare (A break dance attack)
Down Smash: Same.
Neutral Air: Same
Back Air: Same
Down Air: Sonic Bounce/Ball (So it would be more like Greninja's but more controllable.
Forward Air: Eagle Kick (Meteor Smash/ Also has this in Project M)
Up Air: Sonic Lift (A trick maneuver where he lifts his hand in the air and gains height via Sonic Advance series)
Forward throw: Like Back throw but have it stationary and throw forward on release
Up throw: I don't know. Just... Something that's not his quills. He's never used his quills to attack lol.
Down throw: Same
Back throw: Same

And now the specials. Probably one of the most opportune move set in the entire game out of any character.

You have his Spin Dash, and Homing Attack. You also have Sonic Wind, Sonic Wave, Sonic Whirlwind, Sonic Ring Toss, Sonic Bomb, Sonic Boom. Maybe even make his tricking ability where he gets style points in the air, a move.

Neutral B: Homing Attack
Up B: Bounce Pad
Side B: Sonic Wave (Projectile)
Down B: Spin Dash. (Side B style)

Any thoughts and ideas?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd change his neutral B to a Light Dash akin to Sonic Battle. That's it. Everything else I love too much. :applejack:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Not a sonic player, but as a fan of some of his games I think I'd prefer his Boost (from Generations/Unleashed/Colors) to one of his Spin-dashes, and make it work like a set-distance version of Ike's Close Combat custom

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I really wish Sonic's FAir was more akin to the Sonic Eagle move that he had in Sonic Battle, which was an itch that Project M managed to scratch. That said I'm warming up a lot more to Sonic's FAir for damage ranking.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
  • Fair would be from PM.
  • D-special is the Bounce Attack from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Functions like it does in SSF2, but using it on ground will cause you to rise vertically first.
Otherwise, I think that Sakurai has done a great job of rendering our favorite hedgehog.

Top Bottom