• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you are going to main Ike..

iMichael

Smash Lord
and thats exactly what im going to love it'll be a real challenge but i like it
lol I know what you mean....it will feel good to beat a Sonic, Pit or Meta and see the look on the persons face.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
Humm, I was watching a few videos of Ken playing marth earlier today, and saw him actually using the counter a few times to some level of effect, which got me wondering. Is ike's counter a frame 0 pull out? If so, it might be possible to start combos off of his counter, although, it hardly makes up for having 0 fast attacks... : /

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Humm, I was watching a few videos of Ken playing marth earlier today, and saw him actually using the counter a few times to some level of effect, which got me wondering. Is ike's counter a frame 0 pull out? If so, it might be possible to start combos off of his counter, although, it hardly makes up for having 0 fast attacks... : /
You can't combo with counter. Fastest attack can't be 0 frame because that's like not pressing anything at all. At least 1 frame.

Because attacks have withdraw lag to an extent, especially countering attacks, it might not be the best attack to start a combo. Tilts sound faster and more reliable.

EDIT: Because Ike might be slow and a lower tier, I might 4th or 5th him. Unless Marth comes back.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
You can't combo with counter. Fastest attack can't be 0 frame because that's like not pressing anything at all. At least 1 frame.

Because attacks have withdraw lag to an extent, especially countering attacks, it might not be the best attack to start a combo. Tilts sound faster and more reliable.

EDIT: Because Ike might be slow and a lower tier, I might 4th or 5th him. Unless Marth comes back.
Good point, meant really the frame after the input. Didn't think about the lag time post-hit though. Oh well, have to see how it works in game I guess, but I hold out no great hope.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
one of mygood friends in melee (we had a huge rivalry)
i was marth he was fox i continuely got better and kicked his arse but i brawl he said i wont be able to do much b/c SURPRISE IM GONA MAIN IKE
he said ike slow bad recovry blah blah blah so on and so forth
hes gona be sonic or fox but ill do the same thing ill do anything to ger better

cant start a combo with his, might be able to anticiapte a get up move or an atk out fustration to finish a combo for a kill

idk what r name should be

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
rembering when u have no other option

when in doubt use counter
cute little saying

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Ike will be the first i pick up and play. Without a doubt.. there will be a lot of fun to be had by me destoying my friends with pure power.

Pabrocity

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't be so sure. It's true Ike is a beast, but there are sure to be some kick *** character's yet to come. For example what if Ness gets reborn with some awesome new moves. Or the new Gannondorf, if he is going to come back, especially if he can use his sword and have a gannon final smash. There are lots of possiblities for smash so it will be pretty tough to call a main now.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
I did the same thing as Reckoning... I used to main Marth, but when I heard that Ike was painfully slow, I figured, meh, I better get good at a slow character...
So, I picked up Ganon, and now, I'm crazy good with him (not professional good... but among my friends, I pretty much destroy FFA, and most 1 on 1s).
But then I got to thinking... the physics for Brawl are gonna be different, no? So, no matter who you play and who you plan on playing, you'll be starting from square one!
So, I don't really think it's really possible to actually PREPARE your playing style for characters in Brawl...
I just hope they fixed Ike in Brawl, because now that I play Ganon, I can't wait to play Ike, with his auto-death moveset. However, the auto-death moveset will pretty much be useless without a little more speed.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
i rekon ike is one of those characters u start off with if u r new 2 smash because when i started i played with bower but i havent played him 4 ages, but i dun think ike is a character u want as ur main
I'm maining him, nomatter what anyone says about him. I personally don't think he sucks as much as people believe, because not all of us have actually "played" him, we are just believing what the people who did say.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
And if you read up a bit.... Since E4 all he has gotten a little bit of a speed buff and a slight strength nerf.

So bring on the Power

Playing as any character in Melee will help you in no manner in Brawl. You can;t just jump in the game as easily as you may think. The games mechanics have changed alot.

It will be a challange to play with anyone in Brawl despite how much you play Melee. It's probably more difficult for others as well... >_> *looks at Hugs*

iron blade

Smash Ace
Ike has gotten a lot faster and his power has been slightly nerfed. Even if he hadn't (awesome that he did though) I will still main him.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if i would say a lot faster... from what we have heard his speed was increased.. but to what degree is unknown as far as i am concerned .. but it was a welcomed change none the less.

Top Bottom