• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there were only 2 more Newcomers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How would you want them to be?

For the sake of this exercise, all 35 brawl vets have returned and no no third parties on top of Megaman, Sonic and Snake.

And characters dropped from Brawl like Mewtwo or Dr. Mario count as newcomers.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I honestly think if there were only two more I'd be very disappointed.

If I was being bias; I'd want Toad(dur) and Isaac.

If I was being logical and fair however I'd want two characters that are totally unique and represent series not already repped. Isaac works for this; Toad does not. So I guess I'd be after an Advance War rep or maybe a rhythm game one. Maybe someone from Rhythm Heaven.

I'd rather as many series get repped if it's a case of very limited newcomer space and I think I'd probably be quite annoyed that Starfox is taking up three slots on it's own, that third parties did get in over Nintendo series(even though I'm a big Sonic fan) and that Wii Fit Trainer was selected if there's such a tiny addition to the Brawl roster. In other words I'd be a very bitter individual. My sense of entitlement is incredibly high apparently.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If I was allowed to be selfish I'd pick Ridley and King K. Rool.

If I'm supposed to show no bias, then I'd probably just introduce two new series instead, even if it'd make Metroid and DK feel very naked in the game.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
K.Rool and Isaac

Not counting Mewtwo cause he'd be a veteran ;)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I would pick Ridley and feel no bias its that Real.

How is anyone gonna tell me metroid dont deserve it? Pfffttt....What?

Or yh 2 new series.....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I gotta love how much people choose Isaac

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac from Golden Sun and Sami from Advance Wars. Both are major handheld franchises that would fit in perfectly with the 3DS version's handheld focus. I could imagine them on the starting roster of the 3DS version and unlockable in the Wii U version.

And I'd be a shame if Wii Fit was the only newcomer Nintendo franchise to get any love in SSB4.

(Villager doesn't count because Animal Crossing was already well-represented in Brawl. Animal Crossing had a stage, an AT, and dozens of songs, trophies and stickers. Golden Sun and Advance Wars just had a pair of assist trophies, a song, and a handful of stickers between them.)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Isaac and Ridley. Isaac, because... well duh, and Ridley because honestly he is probably the most deserving for inclusion. And he'd be awesome.

Wouldn't pick Mewtwo because with the extremely minimal amount of newcomers this game would have (5), I'd want them to actually all be newcomers.

Groose

Smash Champion
Isaac and Ridley. Isaac, because... well duh, and Ridley because honestly he is probably the most deserving for inclusion. And he'd be awesome.

Wouldn't pick Mewtwo because with the extremely minimal amount of newcomers this game would have (5), I'd want them to actually all be newcomers.

I agree with the Mewtwo sentiment.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little Mac and K. Rool for me. Though, it was really hard to choose.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Spock and Data! (kidding)

But seriously, mine preferred two newcomers would have to be Lyndis and Isaac. Not only do I like the two characters and their respective games, but I also tend to use sword and/or magick users in Super Smash Bros.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I guess I'd rather see newcomers from new series so...

Isaac and Starfy ftw. Although I have to admit I was really tempted to just pick Ridley and K. Rool.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Skull Kid and Shulk. If I can pick third party characters(your op is hard to understand), I pick Neku and Shiki instead of Shulk.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That would be very disappointing, It would definitely effect my hype for the game.

I would have to pick Isaac and Shulk.

D

Deleted member

Only 2? Wow. That's tricky...

I have to go with Little Mac and Shulk.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only 2? Wow. That's tricky...

I have to go with Little Mac and Shulk.

Same. Realistically we may have 5-7 more newcomers. I just wanted to see what people would like to see with a hypothetical 40 character and no cuts roster.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ridley and Dixie Kong.

If I can't get ONE of those two, then I'll take Little Mac in place of which one of them wasn't in.

If none of them can get in, then-

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I would say Isaac and....Lip...there I said it! :p I just think they can add a bit more magic to the smash series. I was deciding between Lip and Palutena, but I thought that the former would bring in another new series so I chose her.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If I can be biased:
Lucina and Ephraim

If I have to be fair:
Isaac and Dillon

Hong

The Strongest
Well, i want other people to be happy and I want fun characters to play as...

Ridley and Robin.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
If I were to pick based on new franchises getting represented, I would pick:
Sami (Advance Wars) and Little Mac

If I were to pick based on my bias:
Little Mac and Lucina or
Little Mac and Robin (female)

So definitely Little Mac regardless

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Paper Mario and Roy would probably be the top two I guess. But I'd also love my second PKMN Trainer...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Biased: Mike and Little Mac

Non-biased: Mike and Little Mac.

Seriously, Startropics is a franchise that NEEDS to be ressurrected. First because, barely anybody knows it exists.... Second, that would easen Kensuke Tanabe's job of ressurrecting it, if people were more aware of the series. (He already brought back two of Genyo Takeda's works, gentlemen, Pilotwings and Punch Out, so StarTropics could be next).
It was supposed to be the ZELDA of the west. Now I know we got a Zelda of the west named ZELDA, but Kid Icarus and Metroid co-existed just fine.
And now, more than ever, Nintendo NEEDS its first party titles for the Wii U... So why not a title like StarTropics? It would spark interest no doubt. Be pretty much considered a new IP (because face it, Kid Icarus was treated as a new IP when it wasn't, but its gameplay change made it seem so, it was a BRILLIANT move!)
They just need to market it well, and if the game looks good enough, it'll sell.

And Punch Out... my god... where was Little Mac 14 years ago? HE should have come in instead of... some characters I won't name. He already had 4 games under his belt when the rest of the cast had 1 or 2. Punch Out is as iconic as Star Fox, with the sole difference being that 4 out of 5 games were designed in-house, (while Star Fox had 3 out of 5) while the last one was made by a 2nd party.

Sakurai needs to dedicate some tribute to Genyo Takeda, Nintendo's first programmer. Miyamoto has his face all over the roster right now, same with Gunpei Yokoi, and Junichi Matsuda. The elderly should be respected, Japan, I thought you guys knew that, of all countries. :p

Hope this post didn't creep anyone out, lol. Just a big Genyo Takeda fanboy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom