• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there is one thing I'm good at doing, it's ruining a good lead.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Early lead with little percent and a stock advantage? That changes quickly when a few minutes later, no matter how well-defensive I play, I'm the one eating higher damage on my last stock and closer to dying than they are. It happened against a Sheik the other day and a ZSS today. Let me add that they are really good at racking up damage quickly and hard to avoid and punish.

How do you maintain your leads against good players?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I've yet to find a strategy to work against Skeik/ZSS. The one thing that does help is staying in the air, making it harder to be grabbed. Nair, Fair, and Bair are great attacks because they do decent damage, have lots of knock back, and are rather quick. When you suffer from a hard hit, and are coming back to the stage, abuse that counter attack. Shield grabbing also keeps them away...that's all I've got so far, I'll be watching this thread to see what other strategies people are using against these type of characters.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I played a Robin that I practically 0-deathed and ended up getting destroyed in the end because they gimped me. They made a hefty comeback before destroying me. What can I do to keep people from doing that?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Pre-emptively VI upwards when you're hit so you're seldom in positions to get gimped.

Top Bottom