• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there is DLC...

Would you want DLC to declone characters?

• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Only if it's Free DLC

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Is there any chance that it could be used to make the clone characters unique? Lucina is one of the characters I wanted to be in this game the moment it was announced and I found myself disappointed she was a clone. It's still a step-up from being an alt. costume of Marth.

Then, there is Ganondorf who should by all means have unique moves not based off Falcon (assuming Ganondorf stays the same, but maybe Sakurai decided to throw a surprise in for Ganondorf). Toon Link can incorporate more moves from Wind Waker. Even Dark Pit can have a unique moveset based off other weapons in Uprising. As for Doc...he can stay a clone since that's how most people know him best.

Considering Nintendo is incredibly fair with DLC, it is possible that if they do this, decloned characters can be Free DLC while newcomers are priced.

So is there any likelihood to this? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
For Ganondorf, I could see a potential "Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf" free dlc to give him his new look (assuming it's not already in game) and for a moveset based off of his hyrule warriors moveset. However, He's really the only one I see this happening for since its very likely that Sakurai knew nothing about his Hyrule Warriors moveset/appearance before he was being worked on in Sm4sh. Other than that, as much as I'd LOVE "Declone dlc", I doubt that it will happen at all

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
For Ganondorf, I could see a potential "Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf" free dlc to give him his new look (assuming it's not already in game) and for a moveset based off of his hyrule warriors moveset. However, He's really the only one I see this happening for since its very likely that Sakurai knew nothing about his Hyrule Warriors moveset/appearance before he was being worked on in Sm4sh. Other than that, as much as I'd LOVE "Declone dlc", I doubt that it will happen at all
Ehh...I don't know. DLC for just one character seems odd even if it's free. I wouldn't be angry if it was just Ganondorf though since he's the most deserving of not being a clone anymore.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well DLC is confirmed,but I don't think that it'll declone characters so far we're getting stage and character DLC no decloning DLC which probably won't happen,but custom moves can help a little.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Nope. I'm concerned about patches. I'd be really mad if I was enjoying a particular character and them BOOMF it's gone. New moveset. surprise!

That'd piss me off one hell of a lot. And as someone who, in the past, has generally preferred clones (Ness > Lucas, Roy > Marth, Lucina > Marth, Doc > Mario, Falco > Fox), I'd be pretty irritated. In all honesty, I do expect them to not return (And apparently some really great original characters too...) in the next installments but in the game they are in, let them be.

Top Bottom