• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Subspace Emissary didn't have a "neutral" setting, would you like it?

Quillion

Smash Hero
Because that's the biggest complaint I see towards Subspace Emissary. Coming off of Melee's Adventure mode, having a newer Adventure Mode that had a neutral setting came as a disappointment.

I know there are complaints about how tedious the mode was, but those are fairly anecdotal compared to the complaints about the setting.

So would you want something like the Subspace Emissary again, but without the neutral setting? I would understand that, since it's like that we all agree that Mewtwo should return, but not EXACTLY like it was in Melee because it was terrible.

Or do you want something that balances the best of the two Adventure Modes? Length in-between the two, but with a little bit of story, and of course no neutral setting.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I don't know what you mean by a "neutral" setting and I love subspace emissary as it is.

So... this image best expresses my opinion on the question:

View attachment 27030
Neutral setting means the setting that had barely anything to do with the various Nintendo series.

In simpler yet wordier terms, it didn't take place in Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, Skyworld, Kanto, etc...

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I do think that something similar to Subspace would be interesting if it did take place in canonical worlds already existing in the Nintendo universe. But while Brawl is my least favorite Smash game competitively, Subspace is always pretty fun to mess around with. I don't think we need another one though.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I do think that something similar to Subspace would be interesting if it did take place in canonical worlds already existing in the Nintendo universe. But while Brawl is my least favorite Smash game competitively, Subspace is always pretty fun to mess around with. I don't think we need another one though.
That's one thing that's so baffling about Sakurai's decision to have no Adventure/Story mode for SSB4.

We NEED a single player mode that combines the best parts of Melee Adventure and SSE, but we're not going to have it.

Top Bottom