• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If MK is my main, who to second? or third or fourth... :)

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Marth has a really high skill curve, so i would be cautious if you want to use marth

i think Falco is a good 2nd since he does well against diddy and snake (who imho are some of MKs more neutral matchups).

but in the end, you're metaknight, your the SS tier, you dont need a 2nd =P

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Marth has a really high skill curve, so i would be cautious if you want to use marth
Aw hell no. You think Marth is hard to use? Just because it's a little more difficult than MK (who is easy **** to use) doesn't make MArth OMFG HIGH LEARNING CURVE.

Anyone who thinks MK isn't broken *** **** is just ignorant. So DDD is broken because of standing infinites, I would agree. Snake has broken *** range, lingering hit boxes, and just plain overpowered. Falco just has a broken cg, but not nearly as broken as DDD's, I still respect him as a character. GW is broken as hell. With his bair, nair, d-air, smashes, and stupid *** bucket.

These chars can still be "counter-picked" but they're still broken. (except for maybe falco) but if a char with no bad matchups (55-45 isn't bad at all, it's ****ing neutral. And MK mains can't even handle being neutral with an opponent) is just considered "good"? No ****ing way, he's broken broken broken. BROKEN!!!

Sukai

Smash Champion
Aw hell no. You think Marth is hard to use? Just because it's a little more difficult than MK (who is easy **** to use) doesn't make MArth OMFG HIGH LEARNING CURVE.

Anyone who thinks MK isn't broken *** **** is just ignorant. So DDD is broken because of standing infinites, I would agree. Snake has broken *** range, lingering hit boxes, and just plain overpowered. Falco just has a broken cg, but not nearly as broken as DDD's, I still respect him as a character. GW is broken as hell. With his bair, nair, d-air, smashes, and stupid *** bucket.

These chars can still be "counter-picked" but they're still broken. (except for maybe falco) but if a char with no bad matchups (55-45 isn't bad at all, it's ****ing neutral. And MK mains can't even handle being neutral with an opponent) is just considered "good"? No ****ing way, he's broken broken broken. BROKEN!!!
Ok, first let me clarify that being a MK secondary, I can say that even he has learning curves. They are fairly easy to get around, with what vast options he has, but they exist, Marth on the other hand, isn't as hard to work with as he was in Melee, but he too is fairly easy to grasp, Marth just needs to learn how to properly bait, punish, and space, then comes the grab traps, and dolphin spikes.
Meta Knight is considered broken--keep in mind broken =/= unbeatable, but rather (for lack of a better word/phrase) just too good. Yes he has weaknesses, but his don't compare much to the entire remaining cast. Yes he has issues killing on normal terms, and is just a smidch heavier than kirby, but seriously, that doesn't mean much and with his great spacing, comboing and priority, those weakness mean very little.
Falco even, has bad match ups (Kirby), Snake has bad match ups, and he's in his own tier too.
Marth may not have any rough counters, but he's easier to hit, easier to approach.

Meta Knight is broken.
That's why he couldn't be compared to any other tier character.
Thats not purely from player skill.

Nic64

Smash Lord
if you believe that many characters are broken you clearly have no idea what the word means, you have no place calling anyone else ignorant.

and no, even a character with all 6:4 matchups would not be broken, lol brawl community, remove yourself from my internet >:

Snake has bad match ups, and he's in his own tier too.
I disagree, I think snake has one or two slight disadvantages, but not bad enough to be called...bad(lol redundancy). I think Marth would also be in a similar situation if not for meta knight, and GAW if not for snake, so it's not as if MK is the only character with an amazing set of MU's(although they are definitely the best)

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'm with Nic64 on that one. Snake has disadvantages, certainly moreso than MK!! But I wouldn't even go as far as to call them "bad" matchups. Nic's statement is probably one of the best summaries of the situation I've heard: Meta Knight has the best matchups, but he is not the only one who has such amazing ones.

At knux, I realize your point that broken =/= unbeatable, but words like broken and cheap have incredibly negative connotations and a lot of people view it has unbeatable and horrible. This isn't the case with MK. There's a reason he didn't get banned: he isn't unstoppable. By your definition of broken (simply meaning the best, with less weaknesses with any one else), MK can be called such. But by most people's view of broken (completely unfair, unstoppable, weakness-FREE, and cheap), Meta Knight does not really fit this description. True, there may not be a better word for it, aside from "top tier" or "amazing" or "the best". XD

raptyrX

Smash Cadet
Oddly enough, i've never considered snake a top tier character untill I saw his rank on the forums. I really don't have any problems defeating him. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pikachu on the other hand is another story. I guess part of it is MK doesent have any blindingly fast movement techs to get behind thunder. Falco has side b to get past, but I find wolfs reflector to help the most against pika. Also, I cant even come close to scratching sonic with MK for some odd reason. :confused: When he goes into that ball mode its what thros me off, hes way too fast...

Top Bottom