• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I were to make a tut on how to record with a $30 capture card...

rklamer

Smash Cadet
...would anyone be interested in it?

Here's my gaming setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDCpifLRXb8

Nothing too flashy, but that's intentional. I tried to cut cost as much as I could for video capture. I'd love to show you guys how (it's essentially a card but it's not user-friendly, so I'd have to make a tut), b ut would anyone actually consider using it? I'm not gonna type a tut for nothing, if you know what I mean.

If anyone would like to see a tut like this (It would cost about $40 total due to cables), please post. Thanks.

(EDIT: Video's offline for a sec... give it a bit. I hate YouTube)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Wait, you are using basic RCA Y spliiters? 1F > 2M?

Hard to tell, but if you did how is the quality after the split and what splitters did you use? I was under the assumption most of them would only work for audio and not video, but I may be wrong. If the quality isn't bad that is all I need to complete my setup, rather than a whole composite amplifier/distributor.

(Does Q&A count as any part of a tutorial?)

rklamer

Smash Cadet
Chaos, the quality is absolutely amazing for the price. If your cords are good, that is; otherwise, there will be artifacts on the screen.

I wrote up this whole tut on how to capture and stuff today... but then SWF went down as I posted it. I should've backed it up; it was three hours of work. I'm sad. :(

Here's a video I just capture for the purpose of testing (I'm playing as Pichu, not exactly a skill test xD I'm no Chu Dat).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpqEbLjNAqw&fmt=18

Top Bottom