• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If everthing seems the same...

dan smith

Smash Champion
"Ness is virtually, unchanged." - Dude playing as Ness in Brawl

Hmm...anybody want to start lookin' for clues as to whether our favorite little glitch is still present in Brawl, eh?

I'm not up to date with all of the leaks that have occurred over the past day or two, or if there is any good footage of the yoyo in action, but the YYG is innocuous enough that the developers may have overlooked it?

Here's hoping. :laugh:

VilNess

Smash Champion
LOL!

good luck in that YYG finding :p I hope more that Ness would have competitive value in tournies too... Other wise I have to continue tier *****ing :p

Ademisk

Smash Champion
The guy obviously doesn't know Ness. His moveset is the same, and his attacks may not be as dramatically changed as some characters, but most people here should be able to see some fairly large difference after watching the videos I posted in the moveset thread.

The Yoyo opening frames look large the same, with a possibly more useful hitbox during the subsequent whirling around. Anyway, considering the charging hitbox and the knockback the yoyo does, YYG is....possible. We'll have to look into it.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
PK Flash is a lot lower and quicker, though we haven't seen a vid of it charged all the way. His PK Thunder lives a lot longer. His aerials ALL execute quicker (his dropkick even seems to be faster than in smash 64), and his punchpunchkick combo is blazing fast. His downtilt is also faster to the point that it can probably go as fast as you can tap. PK Fire travels farther.

That's just gathered from videos.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
PK Flash is a lot lower and quicker, though we haven't seen a vid of it charged all the way. His PK Thunder lives a lot longer. His aerials ALL execute quicker (his dropkick even seems to be faster than in smash 64), and his punchpunchkick combo is blazing fast. His downtilt is also faster to the point that it can probably go as fast as you can tap. PK Fire travels farther.

That's just gathered from videos.
these things seem good, and id much rather see general buffs than the continuation of the YYG. Seems like people might start having to take me seriously when i choose Ness in tourneys(not that they didn't in melee, but now they will take me seriously BEFORE the match...)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I've already gone over the moves. Hard to tell anything at this point. PK Thunder hasn't survived very long in any situation for us to be able to tell its length, though it does seem to have a larger tail.

Regardless, I think the general consensus in this thread is that Ness is not in fact the same. He's basically a clone of himself in Melee, with moves that look the same, but are still very different.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
so uh....i saw ness playing in one vid on the Summit stage

he hit himself with pk thunder and went a short distance....and then later did it again and went a LONG distance

also: about YYG,,,,i've seen the upsmash used a few times in vids, but has anyone actually seen it charged? like does it still hang out in front of ness and spin while it charges?

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
they should have never put ness, sorry all ness fan, but to me he is useless.
to you...that is because he takes skill(and time/effort/practice) to use properly. He is amazing. And one day, you will be playing on the internet, and some random Ness main is going to rip you apart...and you'll think to yourself: "WOW, i just got ***** by a psychic little boy and his baseball bat..."

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Yeah. I saw it somewhere.

And dude, Lucas's PK Thunder is soooo much better, just abandon Ness already. It's not even fair.
Lucas has a *****-*** defensive ****-sucking pkthunder for ****ing *******...

Ness' AWESOME PK Thunder is the very essence of ATTACK and is the best move in the game!

lolololololol

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman

Ness' AWESOME PK Thunder is the very essence of ATTACK and is the best move in the game!

lolololololol
what he said...but in my voice. If Lucas' PKT is as good as you think it is, it would be far far past broken, and with Sakurai putting so much effort into balance, he wouldn't make such an overt mistake. There is no way Lucas' PKT can beat Ness' for attacking power, it merely has easier recovery for less skilled players.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord

lolololololol
Haha, thems fighting words! $5 MM over wifi! Lucas vs Ness goo!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i think....it will be funny....to someone "forget" and jump out to try to eat Lucas' pk thunder tho...when he is recovering

they get hit with lucas' weak recovery and then go "oh....i forgot"

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Well, I haven't bothered seeing Lucas's, I'm just going by what Sakurai said on the Dojo. If he phrased it wrong(AGAIN) then it's not my fault for being a lazy *******, no sir.

Levitas

the moon
The only difference other than damage (and color) is that Lucas's go straight down, but Ness's fan outward on a slanted trajectory away from him fanning outward as they fly down.

****, I want to play brawl right now.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Hokay! Just attempting to clear out a few things that seem to have died out.
Lucas' PKT is not...a good edge guard. Your opponent simply gets his/her recovery move back.
Ness's back kick is indeed back. and amazing. range seems to have been cut a tiny amount, but it is a bit faster.
does anybody know if PKT is cancellable? anyone who's seen "gameplay 7" or the Ice climbers stage battle would like to know.
and...that's about it, i think.
THat is a cool sig.

Levitas

the moon
If by cancellable, you mean you can stop yourself in midair during the attack, I somehow doubt it. Thanks for the compliments guys.

Top Bottom