• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If anybody is trying to play 64 online...

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
My advice to you is: Don't download the copy of Project64K that is listed in the stickied thread at the top of this forum. That's what I did and boy did it suck! I was trying to make it work off and on for like a year and never had a match that didn't desync or at best have terrible lag that made me feel like I was robotripping. Ethernet cable, no full screen, best plugins, uncheck 'raw data', none of that **** made a bit of difference.

Then I finally checked out "Anther's Netplay Ladder" and downloaded 64kVE from the guide on their site and hoooly **** it actually works and is ****ing awesome. It's also cool that the first person I played was apparently LD. I even managed to take the 4th game with my patented lag spike to down air reverse edgeguard. With a little help from my roommates.

So long story short is now is anybody's chance to call me out and prove I'm a fraud. I got pretty decent latency on SFU, assuming it was pretty good for netplay since it was almost like playing on a ****ty flatscreen TV only a little less consistent. I can definitely get used to it over time and I'm hoping I can train up my metagame / mind**** tactics against some world class online players.

So watch yer ass at the next Apex. I got pretty sad when I thought for like 2 days I was gonna go this year and then figured out I couldn't. Just like when I threw away all my money going to Zenith and had to be homeless for a while. STILL WORTH IT. I'm a ride-til-I-die 64 playa, death before dishonor and all that ****. Also I've found a couple decent 64 players in ATL and we've been meeting up at this GA Tech thing where all these melee players so I'm gonna be training on two fronts.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
gotta go fast

Top Bottom