• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

idk if this is earth shattering for my fellow Tinks but like...

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
So i was in the lab practicing my BLC/BFO's and i found out that you can re-catch your bombs after a JC'd forward throw. Ive did it by accident and got a little too hype and spilled my juice on myself but hey, WORTH IT!

But yeah i can see this functioning in my game play very well another fake out. they expect to get hit with a forward thown bomb and you re-catch it and go for a actual BFO.

We can call it a FBTC(Forward Bomb Throw Catch) OR a BTRC(Bomb throw Re-Catch)?

Again if someone else discovered this before people shoot down my hype train is going out of control. (im not sure why i think this is so cool)

Ill post a video here of my doing it ASAP

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
We already knew this back in brawl and it's thankfully easier to perform in this game because the range thrown on bombs is either slightly less or Toon Link's JC throw sends him a little further. We can also act out JC's a little quicker now.

You can apply to the JCBFO (Jump cancelled Bomb-Throw fake out)
You can catch with a dash attack, nair, bair, fair.
One of the coolest things I've found is catching it with an air dodge and insta-throwing it again in the air.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Oh cool, had no idea before.

Top Bottom