• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideas On What Nintendo Should Do Prior To SSB4 Release

Titah

Smash Rookie
Here's a thought of what Nintendo could do to build the hype for SSB4.

Let's first consider the following facts and assumptions:

SSB64: 12 Characters
SSBM: 25 Characters (13+)
SSBB: 35 Characters (10+)
(Not counting "transformed" characters)

Let's Assume...
There are 45 Characters in SSB4 (assuming 45 because the trend of about 10 new characters each game)

Here is an Ideal Situation

"Nintendo announces the release date for SSB4"

What they could do is 45 weeks prior to the release, they could release information on a character every week. On each day of that week, more information about that specific character would come out.

For Example:
1st Week would be the "staple" Mario.

Monday - They would announce that he is in the game with pictures of him
Tuesday - More pictures of him would be released along with his stage
Wednesday - A Basic Move set of Mario is released (Just his specials)
Thursday - A Full Move set of Mario is released (Tilts, Smashes, etc)
Friday - A video of Mario in action in SSB4

And so on to the next week.

If Nintendo did something like this, I would be soooo hyped up to buy this game.

On a side note: SSB4 was first announced at E3 2011 that it was in the making. That being said, the game has been in the works for almost 2 years. Seeing that Nintendo puts out a release date by December does not seem impossible :D

What do you guys think Nintendo should do?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Idealistic Jigglypuff is idealistic. This game has not been in development for 2 years. When they first announced it development had not started. Development didn't start until February of last year, when Sakurai finished with the new Kid Icarus game.

Second going by the numbers you showed, 45 seems idealistic. If it was +13, then +10, it seems like +7 should come next, thus giving 42 characters.

Third while this would definitely generate hype, I doubt it. They haven't done anything like this before, and Sakurai already said that we will be hearing less from him this time. And I seriously doubt they are going to reveal all the characters too us before the games release. At most they will reveal most of them like last time, though they may choose to reveal fewer to avoid disappointment.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If we assume ~10-15 newcomers and a roster size of ~45-50 total, I'd like to see a character trailer every couple of weeks. Newcomer or returning vet, doesn't matter. Toss some item and stage reveals in with each trailer and you have a pretty solid hype-building machine. Not as good as the Dojo, but the Dojo spoiled us.​

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Mmmmm my assumption is 45 characters....for no particular reason really....... ._.

I do like your idea though. I would much rather see pictures that are relevant.

Top Bottom