• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideas/drill/methods of training Wolf

AlexDL

Smash Rookie
I would like to know if there is anything you can practice to make your Wolf better. Just play a lot of games with people you know, go into practice mode and practice techniques, whatever. Anything that may help. Help :p Thanks =D

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Here's some starting tips to help you along your path of becoming a good wolf player. Go to traing mode for most of this. As well as practice on toon link, D3, mario, and fox:

Practice your Aerials- Your two most powerful aerials, the fair and backair, both have great kill and combo potential. Your fair's lag can be canceled by preforming an immediate vertical aerial attack (Up + over A simultaneously. Atleast thats how I pull it off). Your backair is your next best approaching aerial and your best edgeguard, in my opinion, next to your d-smash. Practicing RAR(Reverse Aerial Rush) that backair for more killing potential. Your Nair is your best combo aerial in my opinion, allowing you to follow up with any attack sortly afterwards since it has relatively no lag. Trying hitting with the beginning and ending portions to get its full potential. Your Uair can juggle, and kill(at 120% or greater). Practice that not so much, but to where you can atleast hit with it. USE THEM!!! ABUSE THEM!!!

Would you like a shine mister?- If all else, one of wolf's greatest moves that has litterally the highest combo potential. It stuns...its almost no lag....it ***** following into a d-smash....

Scarring- I forget the definition but you basically DI away from the stage and over b from the edge, through the stage and landing in the center portion. If it hits the opponent, it'll most likely sweetspot.

telestepping(I think that's what it's called. I forget lol)- Basically you over B a little bit below the edge, causing you to bypass the edge and land right before the edge. This can save you from an edgeguard!!!

THE BLASTER MASTER!!!!- Use it!! Abuse it! It's good for approaching and retreating. and you can combo with it by Nair into the enemy following up with a neutral B causing them to be hit by the bayanet, and the blast afterwards(racking atleast an extra 15%).

D-smash/F-smash, your two best friends in the whoel world- Use the f-smash to kill at high damage, and the d-smash to kill at lower percents. D-smash is more preferred since it can reach almost the same distance as the f-smash.

Upsmash out of sheild, more useful then you think- Use it when you anticipate a grab, or if their to close.

Hopefully I covered the basics. It's really up to you on how you develop your wolf from here on. Good Luck.

Top Bottom