• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal ways to land a charged waft

Painter

Smash Rookie
So I have been playing Wario alot recently and I have been wondering if anyone has come up with a nice combo in which you can land a fully charged waft at least 90% of the time. Personally, I have been trying to use it after I chase and opponet off the level and they are recovering in the air...it seems to work okay. Anyone have any other ideas?

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems for an almost charged waft, it's best left as a surprise kill, that's the most usefull for it seems.
For a charged one? Not sure. It seems oppoentes would be watching for such a thing, but maybe you could use it as a mindgame and have the threat of it looming over them.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
I have an idea. When you have a fully charged Waft, knock your opponent off the stage. If there damage is around 87 and over (I've seen Wafts that kill at 85 or so on some light characters.) When your opponent is near the edge (make sure they do NOT grab the edge) jump off near the edge than Waft when they are pretty close to you. Hopefully, that'll kill 'em.

Painter

Smash Rookie
I have an idea. When you have a fully charged Waft, knock your opponent off the stage. If there damage is around 87 and over (I've seen Wafts that kill at 85 or so on some light characters.) When your opponent is near the edge (make sure they do NOT grab the edge) jump off near the edge than Waft when they are pretty close to you. Hopefully, that'll kill 'em.
I have done something very similar to this...and it's kinda mind gameish. However what I have found recently works really well is to let your opponent grab the edge while you are recovering back onto the stage, and just as he thinks he has you dead you waft up and blow him off the edge for some serious damage. Anti-Ledgehog tactic?

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Seems good for high-air interception, since Wario's entire body becomes a deadly hitbox, not just the stuff coming out of his rear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGgRVge1lC4 watch the end).
yeah now i'm wondering if it's better to combo it when they're in the air above you.
that ending was sweet. it's like ness' pk thunder on himself... lol.

i'm also thinking of
jumping out of shield and wafting.
seems nice to me.

err

Smash Journeyman
dude i waft'd so many of my buddies yesterday it wasn't funny.

Wario is a ****in champ. i advise everyone else to stop playing as him so he can be all mein! Nyeh!

FREZ

Smash Apprentice
Here's my idea:

Down tilt/running slide to knock character above you and follow through with a fully charged waft to star KO them

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
^doesn't work, moves have almost no stun in brawl so they'd just jump away
theres very few combos that work in brawl and i bet you couldn't find any into fart (atleast at killing percent) just wait till people try to intercept you in the air and throw it out it has a huge hitbox all over.

FREZ

Smash Apprentice
Yes but his running slide and down tilt both come out relatively quickly, so he shouldn;t have too much trouble letting out a fully charged waft in time

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Yeah it's like "lolz no stun" but by the time they get away they get WAFTED.

Edit: hey it's like "wasted" but better. "Wafted"... lawl.

Fernie812

Smash Cadet
I usually use it in the air, like when two people are jumping toward each other, and just as they meet, i use it.

Top Bottom