• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal Stages for the Sleepy Singer

Which Starter Stage should be discussed first?

• Smashville

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Battlefield/Miiverse

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Final Destination

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Hello Jigglypuff players. I have noticed that there is no thread on Jigglypuff's stage selection, so I have took it upon myself to make said thread. This thread is intended to inform Jigglypuff players on what stages they should go to, as to avoid picking the wrong stage that could cost them the game. What are our ideal stages for Jiggs? For reference, here is the usual stage selection for tournaments. I will add a general consensus for each stage as we go.

Color checklist:

Green- This is a stage that Jiggs can depend on and will almost always be a good stage choice for optimal play.

Yellow- This is a stage that is neutral for Jiggs but it can sometimes benefit him depending on the matchup.

White- This is a stage is absolutely neutral for Jiggs. You are most likely banning this stage because it is your opponent's best stage. (Or, it is the filler color for stages not fully discussed yet.)

Orange- This stage is sometimes bad for Jiggs but can be neutral depending on the matchup. You may want to ban these stages.

Red- This stage is bad for Jiggs in most to all matchups, and it is reccomended that you ban these stages.

Stagelist:

Starter:
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination
Smashville

Starter or CounterPick (usually starter):
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

CounterPick:
Dreamland 64
Duck Hunt

CounterPick or Banned (usually banned):
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Seige

I have a poll created for which stage we will discuss first. The choices you have currently are Battlefield, Smashville, and Final Destination since they are practically guranteed to be starter stages. For the next week, feel free to talk about your opinion on any of the legal stages before we decide which starter stage we will discuss. Enjoy the discussion folks!

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Interesting. I think Duck Hunt will end up as a green but I'm not sure on the rest. Discussion will definitely help.

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Is it just me or does Omega stages seem to have overall different ceiling heights?
Because I feel like Kalos league on Omega still retains it's high ceiling.
But might just be me.

Also, Im not sure about SV being it's worst. Moving platform benefits it's movements.
Though I would still prefer Town and City over it.

Also I totally agree about Duck Hunt being it's best for high ceiling and dem grass mindgames.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Battlefield may be her best stage to mix up recover options with platforms and extend combos with platforms.
Helberb and Delfino Plaza are worst for her, but not bad. It just not good when against :rosalina:,:4zss:,:4mario:, and:4luigi:because they can get jiggle her even more with platforms under, pressure her under them, and get early vertical kills off of Puff since the ceiling is low and she's floaty and light.

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
I agree that Battlefield and Duck hunt should be green stages for the reasons you all said.
But i want to make a case for Delfino. I believe it should be yellow,because it can be a good counterpick depending on the matchup. The low ceilings are very bad for us,but it does give us a lot of gimping possibilities on characters with average and lower recoveries,it allows us to shark the main platform,and we can get no cooldown rests in the parts with water,wich means we can almost spam it. With the right matchup it gives us more advantages that disadvantages.

I_am_SK

Smash Rookie
Battlefield is nice cause of the blast zones and platforms.

Delfino is white or below. The rest thing is not actually that practical, and the low ceilings kill us. Sharking is nice but doesn't compensate for the 40% KO's.

Top Bottom