• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal Stages for The Angels

What stage should we discuss in detail first?

• Battlefield/Miiverse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smashville

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Final Destination

• Lylat Cruise

• Town and City

• Dreamland 64

• Duck Hunt

• Delfino

• Halberd

• Castle Seige

• Total voters

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Hello everyone. Even though there is supposedly already a thread for the best and worst Pit stages, it is not available for anyone to view. (Maybe the link is broken, maybe the thread no longer exists.) What stages do you personally think are best for Pit? I will add a general consensus on each stage as we go along.

Color checklist:
Green- This is a stage that the Angels can depend on and will almost always be a good stage choice for optimal play

Yellow- This is a stage that is neutral for the Angels but it can sometimes benefit them depending on the matchup.

White- This is a stage is absolutely neutral for the Angels. You are most likely banning this stage because it is your opponent's best stage. (Or, it is the filler color for stages not fully discussed yet.)

Orange- This stage is sometimes bad for the Angels but can be neutral depending on the matchup. You may situationally want to ban these stages.

Red- This stage is bad for the Angels in most to all matchups, and it is reccomended that you ban these stages.

Stagelist:

Starter:
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination
Smashville

Starter or CounterPick (usually starter):
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

CounterPick:
Dreamland 64
Duck Hunt

CounterPick or Banned (usually banned):
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Seige

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Dreamland is really good for 'em since the blastzones are so big. Gotta be careful though, because it's deep enough to where a Uspecial straight up won't bring you to the ledge from the bottom blastzone.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I don't really see pit having any bad stages, but places like dreamland, and halberd favor the upperdash arm. I like FD because the d throw combos are easier to land.

AmericanSaikyo

Smash Rookie
I love Halberd with Pit. I think it's his best stage.

What do y'all think the viability of Lylat Cruise is with Dark Pit?
I'd say it's pretty good overall, though more so with Pit. Those arrow gimps plus orbiters to stymie recovery can take some stupid early stocks off characters without optimal recovery.

Last edited:

Speed Boost

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield and Dreamland are both great stages for Pit since the platforms highlight his juggling ability. He can also pressure opponents on platforms with Up Smash. Dreamland would be my first choice because the blast-zones are smaller that Battlefield.

That said, there are some MUs that you may want to forgo your best stage in favour of your opponents worst stage. Like bringing ZSS to FD or Smashville, for example.

Top Bottom