• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea for a new Star Fox game

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
My idea is called Star Fox: Origins, which is divided up into different chapters for each major character, beginning with the original Star Fox team all the way to Krystal's introduction, (with some elements of Command) the game would be a prequel, and would explain the character's backstories, and close up loopholes in the plot, it's more story driven, the game has online multiplayer (during the Aparoid and Anglar arcs this serves as CO-Op), Local versus mode (Different attires and more stages can be unlocked as you progress through the game),

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
It's... not a bad idea, but I personally think the best idea for a Star Fox series is something small to bridge things as a start - Something like Radical Dreamers or Farewell, Beloved Falco. People keep wanting a new Star Fox 64 game and some of the mechanics from Star Fox 2 back (The ones that never got released), so why not start with an eShop Star Wolf 64 game? That's just been an idea I've had. There's plenty of ways to retool interest.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I like this idea a lot. The big things I want are more Krystal, more Wolf, more team missions. Yes, I'm a Krystal fanboy and proud of it. I'm also a Wolf fan now thanks to PM Wolf. I think overall that the games are always too short. Even 64 with all it's alternate routes it seemed really short. And then in assault there were only 10 missions, really? I think I could beat the game in less than an hour. And not to mention a whole lot of the time you went solo. I like the idea of being able to play stories of all the major characters. I think the whole universe needs to be explored more, because I read fanfictions and there're so many things that I couldn't picture, all because you never saw them in the game. Also, please don't get rid of the cutscenes, those are some of my favorite parts of a game. I think we need to keep working on this as the thread grows.
By the way Ian, your profile picture is awesome

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I like this idea a lot. The big things I want are more Krystal, more Wolf, more team missions. Yes, I'm a Krystal fanboy and proud of it. I'm also a Wolf fan now thanks to PM Wolf. I think overall that the games are always too short. Even 64 with all it's alternate routes it seemed really short. And then in assault there were only 10 missions, really? I think I could beat the game in less than an hour. And not to mention a whole lot of the time you went solo. I like the idea of being able to play stories of all the major characters. I think the whole universe needs to be explored more, because I read fanfictions and there're so many things that I couldn't picture, all because you never saw them in the game. Also, please don't get rid of the cutscenes, those are some of my favorite parts of a game. I think we need to keep working on this as the thread grows.
By the way Ian, your profile picture is awesome

Thanks, Krystal's chapter starts on Cerinia runs through Adventures, and ends after Command
And by the way my profile pic is the emblem of a professional wrestler named The Undertaker

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Sure is, I was at wrestlemania this year and Taker's always been my favorite. I think they could be very creative with Wolf's storyline, I don't know whose would be my favorite

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Sure is, I was at wrestlemania this year and Taker's always been my favorite. I think they could be very creative with Wolf's storyline, I don't know whose would be my favorite
Lucky b******
Yeah, Wolf's would be cool, the key question is what ending of Command will be used, each character has a different soundtrack tailored to them, the story arcs are James McCloud, Fox, Krystal, and Star Wolf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I liked how in Command you could actually play as the different team members, and I think they should do that more. Maybe combine that with the gameplay style of Assault or kick it back to 64. Either way I just want the cutscenes and big story elements and lots of dialogue and whatnot to come back, with Krystal. More Wolf and more team activity rather than Fox just going solo. That's what I think, and Oracle, I agree on the upgrade system

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I liked how in Command you could actually play as the different team members, and I think they should do that more. Maybe combine that with the gameplay style of Assault or kick it back to 64. Either way I just want the cutscenes and big story elements and lots of dialogue and whatnot to come back, with Krystal. More Wolf and more team activity rather than Fox just going solo. That's what I think, and Oracle, I agree on the upgrade system

You do play as different characters during the chapters, for example during the Krystal arc you play as her,

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I had a Idea for a new Star Fox game Star Fox Recon it takes place two to three years after the events of Star Fox Command.
According to the prologue, every member of Star Fox except for ROB 64 Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare have all disbanded from the team.{well not all of Star Fox.}
The gameplay of Star Fox: Recon Is a mix of Star Fox Command's gameplay and Kid Icarus: Uprising's Land Battles gameplay. Arwing missions in Star Fox: Recon are similar to those of the first 3 games in the series. All levels allow full freedom of movement in a relatively small area As in previous games, the wing mates of Fox, the main character, occasionally call for help when chased by enemies. Additionally, in some levels, the player has the ability to hop in and out of the Arwing at will. While in the Landmaster, the player has complete freedom to move about the level. They are free to shoot or running over enemies as well as assist their wingmates when necessary. Playing on foot is Like Kid Icarus: Uprising's Land Battles the player has complete freedom to move about the level,
the player starts armed with the blaster. Star Fox: Recon features multiplayer with support for up to four players simultaneously and supports 6-player online play This is a modified version of the mode from Star Fox 64 3D.
Power ups
  • Twin laser upgrade: Equips player with twin lasers.
  • Plasma laser upgrade: Equips player with plasma lasers.
  • Time bomb: Gives players a modified smart bomb. When dropped, it leaves a five second countdown visible to others; at its end it explodes.
  • Supply ring: Health.
  • Stealth: Makes players invisible on screen and radar
Stages
Stages are randomly selected, and all of them are in single player.
  • City: City with buildings. Buildings are intangible but cause damage if flown through.
  • Mountains: A green landscape with canyons and rivers.
  • Ocean: A flat arena above water, very simple.
  • Space: A space like arena.
  • Fichina Mountains: Snowy mountains on the planet Fichina

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I had a Idea for a new Star Fox game Star Fox Recon it takes place two to three years after the events of Star Fox Command.
According to the prologue, every member of Star Fox except for ROB 64 Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare have all disbanded from the team.{well not all of Star Fox.}
The gameplay of Star Fox: Recon Is a mix of Star Fox Command's gameplay and Kid Icarus: Uprising's Land Battles gameplay. Arwing missions in Star Fox: Recon are similar to those of the first 3 games in the series. All levels allow full freedom of movement in a relatively small area As in previous games, the wing mates of Fox, the main character, occasionally call for help when chased by enemies. Additionally, in some levels, the player has the ability to hop in and out of the Arwing at will. While in the Landmaster, the player has complete freedom to move about the level. They are free to shoot or running over enemies as well as assist their wingmates when necessary. Playing on foot is Like Kid Icarus: Uprising's Land Battles the player has complete freedom to move about the level,
the player starts armed with the blaster. Star Fox: Recon features multiplayer with support for up to four players simultaneously and supports 6-player online play This is a modified version of the mode from Star Fox 64 3D.
Power ups

• Twin laser upgrade: Equips player with twin lasers.
    • Plasma laser upgrade: Equips player with plasma lasers.
    • Time bomb: Gives players a modified smart bomb. When dropped, it leaves a five second countdown visible to others; at its end it explodes.
    • Supply ring: Health.
    • Stealth: Makes players invisible on screen and radar
Stages
Stages are randomly selected, and all of them are in single player.

• City: City with buildings. Buildings are intangible but cause damage if flown through.

• Mountains: A green landscape with canyons and rivers.

• Ocean: A flat arena above water, very simple.

• Space: A space like arena.

• Fichina Mountains: Snowy mountains on the planet Fichina

So what endings are you using?

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Any else, like what are the former team members doing?
No But Nintendo revealed Star Fox Wii U, Miyamoto has stated that the game's main storyline and overall presentation will be structured episodically,with the main missions featuring traditional Star Fox gameplay and side-missions featuring more quirky, experimental gameplay mechanics (such as those found in Project Guard and Project Giant Robot).

Top Bottom