• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ice Climbers vs Fox

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I lokoed about and I don't see anything so I made the topic (sorry if its been made before.)

Anyways I was wondering what were your thoughts on the matchup.

I believe that The ice climbers have the advantage.
Their desynched blizzards can pose a problem to fox because he cannot simply rely on using his sine and laser. He would be forced to approach from the air where the IC's outprioritize him.
Since he is also foced to approach the IC's, it means that the possibility of a CG on Fox is greater and simply the fact that the IC's can perform a CG, would place pressure on the Fox user. So he would be forced into using only a few moves that are safe and even those are not guaranteed due to the abilities of the IC's.

I would say 60:40 for the IC's.

mind you I do not have great experience using the Ice Climbers like I do with Fox but from those that I have played, they can be intimidating up close and can be tricky to approach.

Of course once they are separated its much easier but I don't believe that the IC's will be getting separated easily when facing Fox. Simply since he has too few means for getting at them.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Admittedly I'm not very good at Brawl, but I have a hard time against Fox. ICs are slow horizontally and limited approach options. So Fox can just stay far away and spam lasers at me, and I just can't stop it. I have to be careful using ice shots, because Fox can just shine them back at me, and he might be close and fast enough to come at me before I'm prepared to deal with him.

Basically I just suck against Fox, and all the stupid space animals with stupid reflectors that I walk right into every time.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I find Fox really easy to beat. He lacks a good shield pressure game, so just spam your shield, wait for him to try something, and jump out and forward-B. Since his priority sucks as well he'll eat that forward-B every time. If he's coming from above you can uair him through his dair, but if he's trying to trick you with shine stalls you can just run out of the way. A lot of people also are not aware of how rapidly you can use uair, so you can fake him out by uairing under his shine stall. He'll think his stall tricked you but you can get out another uair before he can punish it. He's also really easy to chaingrab and dies really fast.

infomon

Smash Scientist
As a Fox player I hate this match up, any tips for gaisz lik me?
Don't get grabbed. Don't get below the ICs, but get below them if you can. Separate them (shine seems to work for this, if you can get right into the ICs without getting grabbed or hit), and use Fox's speed to pick off Nana while Popo is trying to catch up (ICs are quite slow at moving around the stage!). Run around spamming lazors and try and provoke the ICs' laggier attacks, like blizzard, which you should be able to jump over and punish from above. In the close-range game, pretty much all the IC attacks swing hammers with enough ending lag that Fox should be able to punish; even their tilts! So provoke an attack, carefully hit them for it, and get out. You really have to watch Nana, and see if they're desynced; if they are, expect tricks :)

but I'm kinda n00b so *shrug*

_X_

Smash Lord
Don't get grabbed. Don't get below the ICs, but get below them if you can. Separate them (shine seems to work for this, if you can get right into the ICs without getting grabbed or hit), and use Fox's speed to pick off Nana while Popo is trying to catch up (ICs are quite slow at moving around the stage!). Run around spamming lazors and try and provoke the ICs' laggier attacks, like blizzard, which you should be able to jump over and punish from above. In the close-range game, pretty much all the IC attacks swing hammers with enough ending lag that Fox should be able to punish; even their tilts! So provoke an attack, carefully hit them for it, and get out. You really have to watch Nana, and see if they're desynced; if they are, expect tricks :)

but I'm kinda n00b so *shrug*
Thanks for the tips man, hope it'll help.

Ani moar?

Top Bottom