• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice climbers final smash, share your strategies!

Jellybelly

Smash Ace

The Ice Climbers' Final Smash. This giant ice mountain appears in the middle of a stage--it's incredibly slippery, so it's hard to control yourself when traversing it. In addition to being slick, this ice is also COLD, so opponents will take damage just from touching it. Attack the ice, and it will take damage and slowly shrink. Is it actually useful? That's a mystery.

It's fair to say that true to form, the uniqueness of the Ice climbers is reflected in there unique final smash. It's neither a transformation, large projectile or a one hit kill. So how do YOU use the icerberg when you claim the smashball?

Is is useful? I find alot of the time that someone will steal a kill that my final smash created, and very rarely will someone fall to there doom frozen.

I normally try and grab my opponents, c stick nana and the huge damage and the subsequent knockbacck usually Ko's them. I've also decided that squall hammer is definitely the best way to get both Ice climbers to the other side of the Iceberg.

Thoughts, opinions, strategies?

Oh and credit to brawlcentral for the trophy picture and description.

CbGreiga

Smash Apprentice
WARNING!! NO ENTRY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION!
I would say that it really depends on the stage and number of characters. Final destination and the battlefield are completely owned by the berg. Its really better to use against up to two opponents or three if they're all in the air.
Fun fact:
Ice Climbers FS + Norfair= Infinite LOLS

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
lolz?!

I would say that it really depends on the stage and number of characters. Final destination and the battlefield are completely owned by the berg. Its really better to use against up to two opponents or three if they're all in the air.
Fun fact:
Ice Climbers FS + Norfair= Infinite LOLS
why? too small a stage? id lol if the iceberg stays on the ceiling when the area flips...

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
why? too small a stage? id lol if the iceberg stays on the ceiling when the area flips...
I've been in a match on orpheon where Ike used great aether during the flip, the stage just stopped mid flip so there was no floor. Ike at the end of aether sent himself and his opponent down and got KO'd.

Pretty funny really.

Top Bottom