• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers extended Grapple (sort of like samus and the links)

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
i searched extended grab and didnt get anything so w/e if this is discovered. although it feels a little wierd and slow to actually use in a match I feel people should know about itaand they may be able to incorporate it into mindgames.

if you dash dance very quickly towards your opponent then away and grab quickly nana will slide towards your opponent with a grabbing motion and will catch anyone who is in her way.its actaully more an extended grapple the lenght of marths. i didnt test but i think it may be the size of marth dash grab but w/e, its not like its that practical anyway. strangely enough, even tho her throws should be random she only back thrw once (and it was when I was near the ledge with my back to it) in fifteen or so times I did it, the rest where down throws, so it may help start cool nana combos.

SO MUCH FUN/ALMOST USELESS ICE CLIMBER STUFF!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
It's not so bad that you can't JC it, since the IC's dash grabs are very speedy. I think if they don't have the same start up time as an ordinary grab, then the dash grabs are about one frame longer on start up.

Edit:

I have noticed this happening to me by accident when I screw up something else, but I never really noticed it or considered it's application. Thanks for bringing it to the attention of the board.

Top Bottom