• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers and Items

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
I know most people play with items off, but I haven't seen anyone talk about this and I've wondered why, since it's one of my favorite things about Ice Climbers: the ability to wield two items at once. There's lots of potential here, like:

-Fire Flower + Super Scope: Hold A down to juggle your opponent with one Climber and charge up the blast with another.

-Fan + Fan: Self-explanatory.

Anyone else experimented with this?

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
Hehe, I love using the fan+fan combination.>:D

I also love using 2 beam swords at once.:D

Swordplay

Smash Lord
2 homerun bats while desync :D

On a side note. A recent list of items will soon be or already is approved for competitive play
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164675

Out of the ones that are neutral on the list my favorite for the iceclimbers would have to be the beamsword and star rod

I bet there are some really cool desynching stratagies with items.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Yeah lol having 2 fans, 2 beam swords, or 2 home run bats with the ICs is fun as heck. My favorite combination is fan + fan, but there are probably some more interesting combinations out there.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Yeah lol having 2 fans, 2 beam swords, or 2 home run bats with the ICs is fun as heck. My favorite combination is fan + fan, but there are probably some more interesting combinations out there.
The most obvious combinations are two of the same item, because it basically results in a doubly powerful version of that weapon. There are some other good setups, like Pitfall+Home-Run Bat, but I haven't been able to think of many. As for the easy setups:

Bumper + Bumper (the way the ICs throw things, it results in two adjacent bumpers. Chainbump!)

Warp Star + Warp Star = double desynched Warp Stars. As some other game burned into my head, try dodging this

Ray Gun + Ray Gun = the Ray Gun from Melee

I also learned through these experiments that ICs can't use the Team Healer. If one throws the Team Healer, it'll almost always just hit the other, which does nothing, as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom