• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC Edgehogguard returns

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
Remember the edgehogguard in Melee where you could edgeguard and edgehog at the same time? Well, even though wavedashing is gone, we can still do that.

All you have to do now is run toward and turn around at the right time so that Nana falls off the side and grabs the ledge and you don't [Edgehug (I think it's called...)] and then charge your side smash. I didn't actually do it to someone, I just performed the technique.

Here's a video (that I made): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC03p4IodXU

Hopefully people don't know about this yet because then I'd be 0 for 2. D;

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
excellent find. is the side smash charge required? can you do another move? i'll test this further.

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
That was like the third thing I tried when I got the game. :p
Doing the dash and turn around or the original one?

No, you don't have to charge the smash, but I recommend it so you can wait for them to get to the ledge. Yes, you can do whatever you want, in theory. (I recommend just doing smashes or tilts depending on which direction they go.)

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Doing the dash and turn around or the original one?

No, you don't have to charge the smash, but I recommend it so you can wait for them to get to the ledge. Yes, you can do whatever you want, in theory. (I recommend just doing smashes or tilts depending on which direction they go.)
The edgehoggdjncihb itself. I never got it down when I tried. I pulled it off randomly in matches but I didn't really pay attention on how I did it.

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
Lol. I pulled it off randomly too but I just happened to see how I did it (it was in training so there wasn't any confusion going on)

Top Bottom