• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC cg gimp

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt6JGzCLLUw&feature=related

Go to 7:05, or like 4:30 if you want to see the beginning of my match.

Yes its possible! and if somebody says "they di'd wrong" you're wrong, trust me ;)

I've seen some people say you cant' CG ic's, that is totally wrong.

Don't say I play falco wrong either, thats how you deal with good IC's. Most of the when ambrose grabs me its an instant 0-death.

Daea

Smash Cadet
The d-throw laser does hit nana, but generally that's not going to work. You just got lucky in that she ended up on the other side of you and that she didn't randomly attack if your opponent was mashing buttons. Instead, she just got close enough to get hit by the laser but didn't do anything to you.

That's also not how you play against ICs at all...you should've used more IAP and laser spam to space yourself to avoid grabs. You also have to find a better approach than shl to u-smash...which you spammed way too many times. Finally, while recovering you phantasm'd straight into a blizzard almost everytime...even when your opponent was waiting there using blizzard. You won because you got the lucky gimp 2nd stock and landed a few smashes within all the smash spam. The IC player also wasn't too amazing considering he grabbed you quite a few times and was never able to string together something substantially game-breaking.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
I Lol'd at your friends and their erotic screaming.
But it was a mere coincedence since Nana charged at you while you were D-throwing.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nope. Not luck. It actually happens all the time. You guys are scrubs. You've probably never even placed well at a tournament.
Um, I really hope you are kidding. Let me point out a few things:

1. The only reason this worked is because Ambrose did a roll desynch right before you grabbed him. You cannot control nana when she is that far away from you, so you were able to CG him. If he had not done the roll desynch then he could of just Fsmashed you.

2. The only reason this would happen "all the time" is because ambrose uses the blond roll to desynch. He shouldn't be, as pivot desynchs are a much better option.

3. That is not at all how you should play against Ice Climbers. Ambrose just ran into almost everything you did. You kept using Falco's Jab combo, which effectivly eliminates his movement options and provides a rather large window of oppertunity for the ICs to obtain a grab. You played way too close to him. Go watch Sethlon vs Melee1 if you want a general idea of what you should do vs Ice Climbers.

4. I know what I'm talking about. I have a ton of experience vs Sethlons Falco, in tournament and out. Falco is also one of my mains. Sorry man, but you are just wrong in this case. Falco cannot CG a competent synched IC player. You can try, but if both climbers are there then it's not a very good idea at all.

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
Um, I really hope you are kidding. Let me point out a few things:

1. The only reason this worked is because Ambrose did a roll desynch right before you grabbed him. You cannot control nana when she is that far away from you, so you were able to CG him. If he had not done the roll desynch then he could of just Fsmashed you.

2. The only reason this would happen "all the time" is because ambrose uses the blond roll to desynch. He shouldn't be, as pivot desynchs are a much better option.

3. That is not at all how you should play against Ice Climbers. Ambrose just ran into almost everything you did. You kept using Falco's Jab combo, which effectivly eliminates his movement options and provides a rather large window of oppertunity for the ICs to obtain a grab. You played way too close to him. Go watch Sethlon vs Melee1 if you want a general idea of what you should do vs Ice Climbers.

4. I know what I'm talking about. I have a ton of experience vs Sethlons Falco, in tournament and out. Falco is also one of my mains. Sorry man, but you are just wrong in this case. Falco cannot CG a competent synched IC player. You can try, but if both climbers are there then it's not a very good idea at all.
1. There, so you can do it, given the right opportunity ;)
2. Actually I've never played ambrose's IC's before that time
3. Sorry, I should have said thats how "I" deal with IC's.
4. I never said you don't have experience, so don't get defensive.

Any time a IC desyncs, which is pretty common, or any time they're seperated, they are so easy to CG and Gimp.

When you hit ic's and they get seperated, grab either of them, and run them off the stage, they're seperated to quite easy to spike to.

I didn't mean to come off as such an *******, I had just come from other character boards where 99.99% of people are totally incompetent, I guess the falco boards aren't so bad ;)

§witch

Smash Lord
No, it was just the timing of how nana's AI decided to run at you, it shouldn't have worked that way at all. You will most likely never be able to do that again.

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
No, it was just the timing of how nana's AI decided to run at you, it shouldn't have worked that way at all. You will most likely never be able to do that again.
I have totally done it before. You for sure I know don't know what you're talking about, if you're from Ontario Canada and you're a good player, I would know you ;)

Daea

Smash Cadet
all you're doing is making yourself sound like a pompous ***. just the fact that you phantasm'd STRAIGHT into almost every blizzard, even when he SAT there using it means you have no right at all to imply that someone else isn't a "good player."

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
hmm yeah, i didn't say this was a good match on my part at all, it wasn't a good match for ambrose either. it was at midnight during a friendly crew battle :p

i've seen sethlons vids

he ****ing sucks

i could probably 3 stock him
jokes jokes

§witch

Smash Lord
Ontario is a very big place bud, just because you don't know doesn't mean I'm not right. And btw, when everyone including hylian who most definitely knows more than you disagrees it most likely means you're wrong.

§witch

Smash Lord
K lol, sounds good, I live 5+ hours from toronto, and as you can see from my sig, I don't go by my SN here anyways :/

Top Bottom