• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I was wondering if you can rate my falco!

wdc_15

Smash Rookie

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Don't learn the tricks, learn why to learn the tricks... (Yeah, sounds a bit corny)

You seem to be doing "Short Hop Laser" much, but by telling how you play on the video, you just spamming without a clue really what to do next... There are many funtions to the "Short Hop Laser"and jumping up and down randomly spamming isn't quite one of them, unless your idea is to just piss off your friends with how boring that tactic is... One function to SHL is to use it as a decoy to get closer to your opponent, by simply short hopping forward towards your opponent and firing lasers, this tactic is basically a way to keep your opponent thinking fast... Another function to to the SHL is also a speed bump against your opponent... If they run towards you and see your laser and decide to dodge roll towards you, punish them with a grab, dsmash, or anything else that may work... Believe me, they always will try to dodge roll towards you, so be prepared...

Hope my comment helps you in any way...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You and the other guy roll around a lot. I saw you two roll 4 or 5 times in a row before you rolled back and decided to attack. Try to spotdodge a little more. I saw tons of places where that looked like it would have been better than rolling back, like when the Dr.Mario came at you with a f-air. I'm surprised the Mario/Doc never really up smashed, grabbed, or chainthrew you though... I agree with the air; learning pillar, fast falling the SHL, and wavedashing will make you faster and deadlier. Practicing waveshining wouldn't hurt either. Hope this helps you some...

Saw the 3rd video... You used dash attack waaaay too much. Falco CAN combo Fox with dash attack, but it is usually situational. Also, you missed a few easy edgeguarding chances. Every time Fox used Illusion(forward b), you would miss him and he would make it back safely. When Fox used up b from way out there, instead of risking a fsmash, either grab the edge and if he gets near you roll away from the ledge to escape, or try jumping backwards and bair him, double jump, and if needed up b to get to the stage. Oh yeah, it is easier to rate your performance if you have items off.

wdc_15

Smash Rookie
I agree, I believe that i shouldn't roll as often because I keep gettin attacked with my opponents dsmash.

Thanks for the tips........

wdc_15

Smash Rookie
I had a question... when i get on the edge, i wanted to know if you knew how to shoot them with the laser when you come out of the edge. Well thanks again for the tips!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tap down with the controller and you will drop from the edge. Before you fall too far, jump (preferably with y) and press b. While shooting, move the stick towards the stage so you will land on it instead of falling down past the edge to your doom. If done properly, you can shoot 2 lasers before you land on the stage. The timing might take a while, and the height of the lasers will depend on when you double jump. Hope you can work this into your gameplay!

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
Tap down with the controller and you will drop from the edge. Before you fall too far, jump (preferably with y) and press b. While shooting, move the stick towards the stage so you will land on it instead of falling down past the edge to your doom. If done properly, you can shoot 2 lasers before you land on the stage. The timing might take a while, and the height of the lasers will depend on when you double jump. Hope you can work this into your gameplay!
Tapping down has a risk of fast-falling (which is even more deadly with Falco's horrible recovery and fast falling speed), so tapping backwards (away from the stage) works just was well.

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
Some more tips:

• Try to short hop more often and get comfortable with doing so. It will help A LOT, especially once you learn to SHFFL. On that note, you should begin practicing L-cancelling as well.
  • SHL is a misnomer, since it's really SHFFL (Short hop FAST FALL laser). Also, it's biggest utility is in rushing your opponents. Do it right, and you can attack them almost right after the flinching motion.
  • Avoid dodgefests. They waste time, which you won't have (as much of) if it was an official tourney.
  • Learn to jump-cancel or wavedash out of your reflectors, otherwise, they're just horrible because of the ending lag. Once you get better, start practicing pillaring. Also, if you get sent flying, and you haven't used your second jump, use reflector and then jump-cancel it. Sometimes a jump won't cancel your knockback, but a reflector usually does.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
you never shine.

you roll too much.

mario needs to grab/shieldgrab because he can punish your lack of l-cancel.

good luck.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
You need to learn a lot. Read up, Watch some vids, Play, and Just try not to roll as much. WD'in n spotdodging are usually better substitutes for rolling.
this is the nice way 2 put it but u need 2 learn everything look at waks Advanced How To play vid and show ur friend study it and come bac then we can talk plus make sure u read the guides dont be lazy we all no they r long!

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
1. Rolling sucks. That is why you're gettin owned by your mario playing friend. Maybe he's not that great, but he doesn't spam roll like you do.

2. It seems like you have a hard time aproaching Mario, when you could be SHL'ing your way through his fireballs.

Dash towards Mario
Short Hop towards Mario
Shoot at Mario
Fast Fall towards the ground
Reflector... umm... yeah

Repeat

Until you've approched him

3. Use your dair more! It's easy and fun to combo with because you can use it to make Mario fly up, and then just spike him down again while he's stunned. Actually, I see a lot of the flying up, but I don't see any spiking. Be an opportunist!

4. Use you bair more! A lot of times you tried to hit him with your uair when you could've just waited a little and knocked him out with a swift bair! Don't get me wrong, the uair is decent for juggling, but it's hard to pull off, and like I said, it's only decent (except for some situations).

Tricka

Smash Cadet
Basically, you just need to sharpen up on your advanced techniques, guides help a lot, videos are great too.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
IMO Videos come first... then guides to explain what you just saw and how to do it lol

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
1. Rolling sucks. That is why you're gettin owned by your mario playing friend. Maybe he's not that great, but he doesn't spam roll like you do.

2. It seems like you have a hard time aproaching Mario, when you could be SHL'ing your way through his fireballs.

Dash towards Mario
Short Hop towards Mario
Shoot at Mario
Fast Fall towards the ground
Reflector... umm... yeah

Repeat

Until you've approched him

3. Use your dair more! It's easy and fun to combo with because you can use it to make Mario fly up, and then just spike him down again while he's stunned. Actually, I see a lot of the flying up, but I don't see any spiking. Be an opportunist!

4. Use you bair more! A lot of times you tried to hit him with your uair when you could've just waited a little and knocked him out with a swift bair! Don't get me wrong, the uair is decent for juggling, but it's hard to pull off, and like I said, it's only decent (except for some situations).
i dont think u should teach him how to shl before he can even shffl

Top Bottom