• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I was wondering if Link could chaingrab

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 189823

Hello Link boards. Today at school I was remembering the chaingrab Bowser could pull with Pivot grabbing (even though it isn't necessary to pivot grab), as you can see in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeOvN3LtlKI

I was wondering if Link can do the same thing with Pivot grabbing. I am not very good at doing it myself even with Bowser, but anyone is welcomed to try it out for themselves and tell me.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Links grab is much slower than even EB kids ****ty release animations and stuff. No way it could chaingrab unless there is something cool I have missed.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Hello Link boards. Today at school I was remembering the chaingrab Bowser could pull with Pivot grabbing (even though it isn't necessary to pivot grab), as you can see in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeOvN3LtlKI

I was wondering if Link can do the same thing with Pivot grabbing. I am not very good at doing it myself even with Bowser, but anyone is welcomed to try it out for themselves and tell me.
Link's grab properties are much more different than various characters. The range of where he can grab is different, not to mention it's much slower.
The only thing I can think of is if you read your opponents move after using a forward throw or backthrow (maybe dthrow too?).

In my opinion, I say that you shouldn't rely on grabbing with Link anyway. It's way too punishable if you miss.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
If by chaingrab you mean dthrow > pivot grab at low %'s on a decent read, then yeah, he has a chain grab. If you mean an actual chaingrab, then yes, he has one. Link has one of the most perfect definitions of a chain grab possible. His grab is a hookshot which has a chain on it (I deserve to be slapped for that. No, seriously).

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
Dthrow to Dthrow work no ? Or is a fake chaingrab ? I think the opponent can jump after the segond Dthrow.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
At low %s if you dthrow, then run past the opponent, if they airdodge or attack you can pivotgrab them on landing. If they jump, just keep running and get some space :awesome: Link doesn't have a real chaingrab.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link doesn't have a real chaingrab.
^

Link does have a true (ground) grab-release dash attack/jab/Dsmash on Ness/Lucas; the jab and Dsmash hit with the sword tip so DIing out of a jab combo is easy.
Link's standing grab starts frame 11 and lasts to 19 (as the claw moves out). His dash and piviot grabs are even slower with more ending lag. BTW

FSK

Smash Ace
Back in the early days it was said that Link had a dthrow chain-grab on Wolf at 0% percentage.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
You just necro'd a two year old thread, ha ha :p

Go ahead and discuss this further in the Q&A thread or the Social thread, if you're interesting on bringing this up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom