• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I was own'd pretty hard by a Lucas... =(

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Any tips for defending against his Nair? It was my first time fighting a good Lucas player online and it was a total washout. His dash attack/Nair especially jusr ripped through my shield...

Any suggestions? I know pikmin gimp his PK Thunder recovery from reading on this site, but that's just part of why I underestimated him...

:embarrass

keeper

Smash Champion
Keep your distance from a Lucas user. Know your spacing. You can out range all of Lucas's moves. Lucas generally loses to Olimar.

Also, Pikmin don't really gimp Lucas's recovery as his PK Thunder goes through things.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
The main thing you gotta worry about is his Nair and his Uair. His PK Fire should be worthless if you keep the distance by throwing Pikmin. PK Freeze and PK Thunder are pretty worthless according to me, but if he does perform them just throw a bunch of Pikmin on him. I also suggest grabbing and running a lot.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
R u trying to sg him too much? that may be the problem as his nair is pretty good at taking away your shield like you said. instead, i'd trying meeting him midair to fair lucas' nair, and fair. I disagree w/ jarri that his ranged moves stink. Lucas' pk fire gets annoying to get around but u have to stay airborne and continue to throw pikmen till he comes after u b/c he doesn't have good approaches, except his fire. Against lucas, i'd suggest rushing him( + try short hopping dair) in the least obvious places b/c his smash moves have a lot of beginning lag(AH, an agressive olimar!!) with either your fair or a grab. Lucas shouldn't be too good at combo-ing u cuz his moves have a lot of knockback- that should make it easy to DI from. In my opinion, Lucas is an excellent edge guarder though because his pk fire can stop u midair. Oh, and it's Ness, not Lucas, that you can gimp his thunder.

Top Bottom