• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to make a Pokemon game styled like Dungeons and Dragons

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Link to original post: [drupal=1234]I want to make a Pokemon game styled like Dungeons and Dragons[/drupal]

If you have read my last blog, you know by now that I like DnD a whole lot. So for the past couple of days, I've been thinking: what if they made a role playing game of Pokemon similar to DnD. It would have the role playing action outside of battle, and a unique fighting system with a DnD like map with multiple terrain types and etc. And no, it would not be like Mystery Dungeon. Things would be different to make battles long and significant.
What I pictured was a world where the humans have died out, and only the pokemon remain. All the humans left were old buildings, and structures. Pokemon have taken over now, but troubles brew. You start as any non-legendary pokemon in the lowest evolution form at level 5, and you continue to grow with your teamates at your side as you travel the world, explore social and adventure situations and fight difficult numbers of pokemon. This would also be fun for the Dungeon Master, for they could work to create difficult teams for you to fight.
Issue is, Nintendo will never do anything like this. I'd make one myself, but it would probably never get off the ground, and I'd have lack of interest and time from my friends, and it would never be able to grow since it wouldn't be legal.
Too bad. I just wish I had more motive to design this.

finalark

SNORLAX
You could introduce the idea to a friend of yours who is a Dungeon Master, then s/he could run the game if you don't have enough motivation to fully design it.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
You could introduce the idea to a friend of yours who is a Dungeon Master, then s/he could run the game if you don't have enough motivation to fully design it.
he doesn't wanna run a seperate campaign and try to re-learn/create a new system.
I just feel so limited. :(

Mith_

Smash Champion
Bleh.
This game seems too much like Mystery Dungeon.
And I was highly disappointed with that game.
And I dunno how DnD is played but if its anything like Mystery Dungeon then count me out, sorry.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Make Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance with Pokemon and I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Bleh.
This game seems too much like Mystery Dungeon.
And I was highly disappointed with that game.
And I dunno how DnD is played but if its anything like Mystery Dungeon then count me out, sorry.
No. Only a few similarities to MD. Battles would be longer and better with interactavle environment with good non-battle story.

But I liked MD. only thing is, that game could get pretty broken (coughcoughagilitycough)

Top Bottom