• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to main Wolf

Piwah

Smash Rookie
I went to my first tournament, and I lost primarily because I can only play Wario. Wolf has always interested me, so it'd be great if you guys could lay down some playstyle basics and essential tech.

Last edited:

Swigo

Smash Rookie
Wolf's wavelanded lasers are really strong in neutral, shine/dair leads to pillaring combos side-b is a really strong kill move that can be comboed into using shine, and some throws depending on characters. Wolf's throw game is good, can get tech chases off of it. That's all i can think of for the basics off the top of my head

XF_Awkward

Smash Cadet
I went to my first tournament, and I lost primarily because I can only play Wario. Wolf has always interested me, so it'd be great if you guys could lay down some playstyle basics and essential tech.
Hey man, glad to hear you're interested in Wolf, he's an amazing character and in my opinion one of the most entertaining designs in PM.

But heres the deal with Wolf. And like... every character. They all are super in depth. Like, incredibly in depth. Asking for us to give you "the basics" means you're going to get just the basics, a lot of which you can easily find out on your own. I'm going to tell you that you can waveland out of his blaster and that you can jump cancel shine. Aside from that, Wolf functions very much like the other characters.

If you want to learn basic stuff, I'm gonna suggest playing around with him until you have specific questions or something in particular that you'd like a bit of help with. If you want to know more of how the character flows in a game, I recommend youtubing matches that have Wolf in them.

Check out some of this stuff featuring some solid Wolf players:
Neon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX_GqGjolVE
Donkos (Japanese player) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOdXKCPptvs
HBA Switch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqAvQxRiWOY (I list Switch specifically cause I know he frequents the Wolf Skype group and I believe Smashboards as well)

I don't want to sit here and tell you "use this in neutral, and then do this for your combos" because it pigeon holes your mindset into developing a playstyle around the modicum of info I give you. Instead you should play the character, watch others to pick up on what they do differently, and then ask questions specific to things you don't understand that way we can better assist you in your development. Hopefully that stuff helps you out man.

Good luck. If you ever have questions let me know man.

Top Bottom