• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I discovered a kill confirm with Mario.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
I think people have been talking about the last hits of a d-air comboing into other moves, but this is the first time I've seen video proof showing it as a true combo.
Do you know if rage affects it? Since training mode doesn't factor it in.

EDIT: I'm doing some tests myself. Apparently falling speed affects the combo. Floaty characters can escape from it (like G&W or Samus).

Last edited:

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
I've done a number of true combo smashes out of dair, but I haven't fully texted to figure out when things true combo. I can tell you the easiest is grab, then down smash, then up smash, and f-smash is the hardest to have as a true combo, but I've done all at one point or another as a true combo due to odd slide mechanics or something.

Anter

Smash Rookie
I think people have been talking about the last hits of a d-air comboing into other moves, but this is the first time I've seen video proof showing it as a true combo.
Do you know if rage affects it? Since training mode doesn't factor it in.

EDIT: I'm doing some tests myself. Apparently falling speed affects the combo. Floaty characters can escape from it (like G&W or Samus).
You have to be moving towards the enemy with the move while facing away from the enemy to do this confirm. I know the move combos into others(I too have always used it as a precursor to grab), but it has to be used in this very specific way to get the result in the video, at least as far as I've tested. I haven't tested on people yet. This only works on the first couple hits as the ending ones knock the opponent too far away.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah you can combo landing hit D-air into a Smash, but actually landing this in a real match is really difficult to impractical. Been around since Brawl honestly.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Tried to do this today in tournament, it's very impractical because you have to be facing backwards, have full momentum going into your opponent, and connect the grounded dair. It's got practicality (about as practical as grounded dair -> dsmash but in different situations) but it's nothing groundbreaking.

@ S smasher1001 , Dair -> Fsmash only works on certain characters. AFAIK. (Wario for instance).

Last edited:
What if the opponent uses Smash-DI and is able of double jumping out of the D-Air before you can confirm the Up Smash?

I would have to try it with a human player.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Smash DI is a lot weaker in Smash 4 compared to Brawl and Melee, so I don't know if it is possible to do it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Rage does affect set knockback moves, both in terms of how far they send people away and how long the opponent is stunned. It may be more reliable when Mario is at higher percents, or it might send people too far away to do this reliably.

Kathuzada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kathuzada
Judging by earlier comments it seems you can do this only facing away from the opponent. (Assuming this is for the hit on the UpSmash)

From facing them, it might be possible to do if you can move through the opponent and land on the other side facing away from them.

Top Bottom