• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I step down as the proclaimed best AK Samus.

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Props to you guys for sticking with her for so long, you guys have unbelievable fortitude to stay with her. I just can't anymore. She's absolutely broken, garbage, and has no buffs in sight. After 2,000 hours I just can't have fun with her anymore. Peace out guys, keep up the good work.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
We lost a good man today. We shall not weep for his loss but go on remembering the Charge Shots he landed.

Scream

Smash Apprentice
She's not even Bottom 15.
No need to make a fuzz over leaving her, no matter how frustrated you may be.

You'll be coming back to her in no time anyway ;)

Last edited:

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
She's not even Bottom 15.
No need to make a fuzz over leaving her, no matter how frustrated you may be.

You'll be coming back to her in no time anyway ;)

This is true. ;/

Scratch that, it isn't. She's easily a contender for worst in the game in her current state, and she's a legitimately BROKEN character. As much as I love Samus and the Metroid series, if I'm not having fun with her, I'm not gonna play her.

Last edited:

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061

This is true. ;/

Scratch that, it isn't. She's easily a contender for worst in the game in her current state, and she's a legitimately BROKEN character. As much as I love Samus and the Metroid series, if I'm not having fun with her, I'm not gonna play her.
I couldn't agree more. I lose to lesser players because of how bad she is, in my region. I'm ranked 19th in a sea of mid to high tiers in SoCal and I lose to non ranks more often. I may have been the highest placing Samus at Evo (non customs) but having so many negative MUs with her being on the list of UNCHANGED in 1.10 just makes me wanna quit also.

I've already started learning ZSS as she covers every bad MU I have trouble with. Hopefully she gets some much needed tweaks.

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I couldn't agree more. I lose to lesser players because of how bad she is, in my region. I'm ranked 19th in a sea of mid to high tiers in SoCal and I lose to non ranks more often. I may have been the highest placing Samus at Evo (non customs) but having so many negative MUs with her being on the list of UNCHANGED in 1.10 just makes me wanna quit also.

I've already started learning ZSS as she covers every bad MU I have trouble with. Hopefully she gets some much needed tweaks.
;_;

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
It's hard sticking it out with Samus. Been dealing with the same bad character for "15" years (Never was able to do anything in Melee, next to no local scene and I didn't even know what a Tier List was), actually picked up Kirby because he was just easy to pick up and do okay with.I honestly almost feel like I've forgotten how to use her as I've tried doing the more technical stuff with her. You've gotta do what you've gotta do to keep on going I guess. Best of luck to ya with Zero Suit. Hope ta see ya as a Samus again one day.

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
You have to sometimes work hard for so little. I was playing in a tournament yesterday and my Up-b didn't kill at 140%, but my forward tilt did after a lot of hard work.
She is not my main, I do not have one. That being said, I still enjoy playing her the most.
You will be back, she will get buffed, just gotta believe.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
This makes me sad but also lightens my heart to read your words, OP. I experiment with different characters but i still have the most fun with Samus. Maybe its the challenge. She should be way better tho. That i think we can all agree on.

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I'm back. Samus is no longer a literally broken character.

^_^

Boney

Smash Apprentice
I'm back. Samus is no longer a literally broken character.

^_^
It's crazy how this placebo is affecting you. She still has the same flaws and relatively she isn't any better despite the buffs. But cool I guess...

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
It's crazy how this placebo is affecting you. She still has the same flaws and relatively she isn't any better despite the buffs. But cool I guess...
It's not placebo. Have an open mind with her buffs.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Maybe rename the title, Welcome back

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
Op can you stop making pointless threads? I can't call you out in the other thread because it was locked almost immediately, much like almost every thread you have ever made.

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Op can you stop making pointless threads? I can't call you out in the other thread because it was locked almost immediately, much like almost every thread you have ever made.
you really have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to this community dont you? This threads been here for a few weeks, why are you just now putting your 2 cents in?

Last edited:

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Can you kindly **** off? I have tried to make multiple SERIOUS contributions to this community that in the long run have not only helped me out, but many others when discussing options for this character. Since arguing with you will only entrench your foul ego even further, I won't bother.

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
What more defines egotism? The poster making a thread solely for the purpose of announcing they won't be the best samus in your state anymore (because they quit) or the poster whom asks the previous poster to stop littering the forums? You had 3 locked threads on the zss front page the other day. They all get locked almost immediately for a good reason. There are a lot of places here you could post about literally everything that you had thread locked, without making a thread.

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
What more defines egotism? The poster making a thread solely for the purpose of announcing they won't be the best samus in your state anymore (because they quit) or the poster whom asks the previous poster to stop littering the forums? You had 3 locked threads on the zss front page the other day. They all get locked almost immediately for a good reason. There are a lot of places here you could post about literally everything that you had thread locked, without making a thread.
um, I can slightly understand your position, but cant you just express this in a private conversation. Your negativity and hostility is going to really throw this off the rails. A pointless argument benefits no one. Unless you only WANT to throw this off the rails to get it locked which is childish a bit. Cant we have SOME camaraderie in this community?

I mean, I get it. You dont like how negative this community is toward the character we represent. But what does your crusade accomplish? I respect you as a player, but I dont understand this mentality.

Last edited:

Boney

Smash Apprentice
That's the job of the mods to lock the threads or warn to not do more of these types of threads. If you're not interested in a thread just ignore it, it's not like we're hurting for space here in the Samus boards due to the over activity. At worst they're mildly annoying and at best they're entretaining.

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Ignorance is bliss, Tonetta Tonetta . I'm not going to look down on you any more so because of your comment, it's ok. If you have a problem with me whatsoever, please bring it to a PM, because nobody else wants to see irrelevant nonsense in a thread in which they may have been looking for specifically. If the mods wanted to lock this thread, they already would have done so.

And half my posts on here are just dumb fun. For the other half, I try to help out with the character we main.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
When I make threads, they're usually just quick questions that I want to know NOW. I ask the mods to lock the thread afterwards because really, what's the point after you've given me the answer?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
A thread made for the purpose of saying that he was quitting but ended up being mostly a lie. Someone needed a cry for attention; it's really pathetic to see people who are supposedly leaving somewhere only for their absence to be somewhat short lived and completely insincere.

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
A thread made for the purpose of saying that he was quitting but ended up being mostly a lie. Someone needed a cry for attention; it's really pathetic to see people who are supposedly leaving somewhere only for their absence to be somewhat short lived and completely insincere.
then again theres the other hand where this is a community. I personally dont mind these kind of threads because all of us are pushing for and developing this character. instead of be hyper critical wouldnt it be better to just be indifferent. to sling words around like pathetic is only inciting an argument. Its tough maining a low tier/ broken character and if you dont have a community to which you can vent your frustration to who else is going to understand? We should be more inclined to help ones that feel defeated than lash out with harshness.
I understand how threads like this dont seem to serve any purpose for Samus.. and if you want to be critical yes maybe it is a cry for attention.. but in a way, thats not a bad thing at all. like I mentioned earlier where else are you going to go if you feel like this? Dropping a character like Samus isnt easy because one of the main reasons we play as Samus to begin with, is because we have an attachment to the character on some emotional level. giving that up sucks, it sucks to want to play with your favorite character but be beat out by stupid shenanigans. Nearly every Samus player feels this way at one point or another, dropping the character out of frustration, and when one of us falls to that frustration its not a good thing.

But, I may be the only person who believes in sticking together as a community
so I guess no one cares

Top Bottom