• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I really don't know where I stand with Brawl

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
Now, I'm not trying to say Brawl was a bad game, but at the same time, I don't exactly want to call it good.
I'll admit, Brawl was my first Smash game and the game that introduced me to Nintendo games besides Pokemon and Mario, but all nostalgia aside, I don't know if I really enjoy it anymore.

Ever since Smash Wii U, I didn't want to touch Brawl anymore because of how much more I enjoyed it. It did so many things better. The art-style, the game mechanics, the music, online, etc.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't get some kicks out of Brawl, even if those were my "filthy casual" days. But even then, Brawl did some things Brawl did that I really liked. The cut-scenes in the SSE (Didn't enjoy the game mode itself though), the addition of characters, some of which were cut from SSB4 (Snake and Wolf mostly), and a tournament and rotation mode.

So yeah, I'm really conflicted with my opinion on Brawl. I make fun of it quite a bit, but I seriously don't know my opinion on it.

D

Deleted member

I have to heavily disagree with you on Smash 4 having better music than Brawl, but that's another story.

I myself adore Brawl, but I can see why it's "zzzzzz" for those who prefer more high-octane and faster-paced fights. I still play Brawl to this day because despite its flaws, it's just such an interesting game. So much of the advanced tech available to certain characters (Lucas' Zap Jump and Magnet Pull, Diddy's glide toss, Yoshi's Dragonic Reverse, The Flight of Ganon etc.) was neat, and I miss the hell out of DACUS. Tripping is an annoyance but it happens way less than you'd expect it to. I feel like that if you see Brawl as its own unique experience, you'd probably enjoy it more. I have the same thoughts for all Smash games really, every single one has its own quirks that mostly work out in the end and I don't see much point in comparing them. Especially with the Melee vs. Smash 4 ****flinging that still goes on nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
I don't see much point in comparing them. .
It probably has something to do with the fact that they are games in the same series. I mean, I completely understand where you are coming from, but I think the fact they have the title "Super Smash Bros" is the main reason for comparison.

D

Deleted member

It probably has something to do with the fact that they are games in the same series. I mean, I completely understand where you are coming from, but I think the fact they have the title "Super Smash Bros" is the main reason for comparison.
That's a valid point, but what I'm trying to get at is that every Smash game has their place. Even if 64 and Brawl are viewed as black sheep, they still have dedicated followings (64 way moreso, Brawl's moreso like a cult following at this point...). I just wish more people are more welcoming to how all the Smash games play really.

Top Bottom