• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Bunansa

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0447-5165-3456
Everytime I have gotten on to 1 v 1 my win rate being at a static 75% for a good 3 days. Now every time I get on I am clobbered. Absolutely terrible. Mainly do to grabs. I've discussed this with my current sm4sh group, and they say its a possibility to Little Mac being the most popular character of current.

Is it truly everyone is getting used to fighting Little Macs? Or is it just a Git Gud scenario?

I truly have no clue how to counter some characters. Especially grab happy characters.

Is there ANYWAY to fight grab-heavy people except just being faster than them? Im getting very demoralized fighting with Little Mac let a lone competitively in my local scene. I can't even beat randoms on For Glory.

Mario, Ness and both Samus' grabs are frickin ridiculous. All they do is rush me and grab Dthrow air combo.
And since Mac only takes 50-70 to become killable it makes it impossible to fight them.

How do I stop Marios Infinite Uppercut before latter %s and how to stop ZSS and PSS just grab me anytime I come near? That rope grab is RIDICULOUS with fighting them.

Last edited:

Itora

Smash Rookie
In the eyes of the community, Little Mac has unfortunately become the "tryhard for glory" character. While I disagree with that notion, people have put considerable time in to counter his attacks and grab-spam seems to be one of the most effective ways to deal with him.

The only thing I can hope to suggest is to just try and use DTilt or FTilt and try to combat grabbing that way.

ChampKing

Smash Cadet
Spacing is key. Grab spam is punishable with a nicely placed F- Tilt. Generally I haven't been having any problems at all. Just watch where you place your attacks. Watching Bwett from Tourney locator is helpful.

Bunansa

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0447-5165-3456
Im very quickly thinking of abandoning my "MAIN MAC ONLY" approach. As through everyones constant use of LM in For Glory. Everyone plays characters that counter him HARD, and if I DO win, they will switch to one of those characters just to spite me.

I used Ike in Brawl, and CF in Original. but any other ideas for a "trained only in mac" style player?

The large majority of my spacing issues is that this circle pad is TERRIBLE. Its either barely walk forward or full tilt run. And its so hard to make minute changes with Mac's position since his speed is huge and circle pad is terrible at finite movements.

C'mon Wii U version because 3ds is decent if not for this crap ass circle pad

Last edited:
Top Bottom