• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I play Ganon but WFT is my secondary. How should I play her?

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
At the beginning of the match I often spam Sunlight Salutation, mostly for comedy effect. After that, I tend to gravitate towards the header, dtilt, jab combo, dair, and fair. When I'm forced on a ledge (a particulaly good Dark Pit did this), I tend to roll up or fall then uair. I barely use SS and Deep Breathing other than the beginning. I'll try to get some potato-quality gameplay up to show my playstyle.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Sun Salutation should always be fully charged to apply pressure to the opponent. Go for the charge when the fight starts, and always go for a charge when possible, such as when away from the ledge or after taking someone's stock. It's also reversible, and it has some slight push-away like Palutena's Reflect Barrier.

Deep Breathing is amazing in that it cancels all our horizontal momentum when we use it. While the damage boost makes our moves more viable, we tend to use it to mix up our approaches/recoveries. Header also helps with ledge recovery as it has decent knockback and can hold us in place in midair.

Nair is useful for racking up early damage if we can get to the opponent. Don't forget WFT's Fair has meteor properties in the kick and that Header also has a meteor hitbox. Bair works similar to Snake's in how it has great knockback, but we love using it to stage spike low recoveries like Villager.

WFT also benefits from a Roll Cancelled Grab, which increases Grab range. WFT's throws of choice are Bthrow for knockback and Dthrow for air combo potential.

As for Jab, try to learn where the grounding hitbox is. Delaying parts of the jab is key to consistent grounding, which leads to amazing set ups late game for Dsmash/Dtilt or, if you're feeling ballsy, Header/Dair spikes

Top Bottom