• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need Some Help

Marthmario

Smash Lord
So I decided that this Smash, I would let my self have 5 mains, but I'm having trouble deciding my 5th main. Here are my first 4:

:4marth:: Mained him since Melee, never dropping him.
:4lucina:: Love the character, not dropping
:4shulk:: I like how much depth he has and he reminds me of how I felt about Marth when I first played him.
:4darkpit:: I like his character and moveset.

And I'm considering:
:4dk:: I love his fun combo game.
:4pit:: Similar to Dark Pit, easy for me to pick up
:4myfriends:: I play Ike in PM, plus I'm a big Fire Emblem fan
:4falcon:: HYES
:4ganondorf:: I love achieving mass levels of disrespect.
:4robinm:/:4robinf:: I really, really love Awakening, but it's hard to learn their game.
:4charizard:: Pokemon Red was one of my first games, and Zard is fun.
:4palutena:: Same situation as Robin

Can someone help me decide?

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Maybe :4pit: you already have :4darkpit:, but honestly, there aren't many changes between them.

:4myfriends:,:4falcon:, and :4robinf: are my recommendations, mostly :4falcon:, he was buffed from Brawl.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Why not all of them?
I don't want to be a jack of all trades, I want to master my 5.
Maybe :4pit: you already have :4darkpit:, but honestly, there aren't many changes between them.

:4myfriends:,:4falcon:, and :4robinf: are my recommendations, mostly :4falcon:, he was buffed from Brawl.
True.

Ike for me is powerful and slow, but he strengthens my defensive game. Falcon fills me with Hype and power, and Robin makes struggle despite my practice with them.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pick your favourite.

If I was to tell you, "Pick the best character out of that list", what would your instinctive reaction be?

Go with that character.

Doesn't matter if you're not good with them or you don't know how to play them. If you want to play a character you like and can feel emotionally invested in, go with your gut reaction, and stick with it.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
... Our lists are basically identical. wew.

That said, I would say pick Robin. But that's only because I picked Robin.

Or Ganondorf. Because being good with him is hella rewarding.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I haven't played Project M, but I don't think Ike is very different there from SSB4, and since he was your main in PM you would be better off with :4myfriends: due to having worked with something at least closely related to his currrent moveset.

Top Bottom