• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need Smash Community help to develop a useful tool for new players!

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
So I'm developing a program that is going to let players enter their preferred playstyle and it will provide them the character that best matches how they already play video games. This will help them to learn the game with a character they are already comfortable using, and will allow them to learn faster and start moving on to other characters sooner! The only problem is I don't know absolutely everything about every character... So what I'm asking is for people to visit my survey, and enter information for any characters they know well.

Here is the survey

tl;dr: Please complete my survey to help me help new players!

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
If I was rating Captain Falcon I would say he is a fast, aggressive character who can efficiently combo the entire cast at a low percent. I feel like your "methodology" section is incomplete. You ask: "What type of combat tactics is most vital to play this character effectively?". But out of the options,
1. Timing attacks
2. Positioning/Spacing
3. Zoning
4. Pressure
5. Punishing
6. I don't know
there doesn't seem to be a great answer. I certainly know what I want to say, but that choice isn't provided. I suppose Positioning/Spacing is the most important so that you can get the grab to start a combo but that doesn't feel like a satisfying response.

I'd really like to be able to say that "efficiently comboing" is the most vital combat tactic for CF. Maybe your experience is with the other smash games and so combo'ing isn't as prevalent?

Your survey is an interesting idea though

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
If I was rating Captain Falcon I would say he is a fast, aggressive character who can efficiently combo the entire cast at a low percent. I feel like your "methodology" section is incomplete. You ask: "What type of combat tactics is most vital to play this character effectively?". But out of the options,
1. Timing attacks
2. Positioning/Spacing
3. Zoning
4. Pressure
5. Punishing
6. I don't know
there doesn't seem to be a great answer. I certainly know what I want to say, but that choice isn't provided. I suppose Positioning/Spacing is the most important so that you can get the grab to start a combo but that doesn't feel like a satisfying response.

I'd really like to be able to say that "efficiently comboing" is the most vital combat tactic for CF. Maybe your experience is with the other smash games and so combo'ing isn't as prevalent?

Your survey is an interesting idea though
I think this is a "Hindsight is 20/20" kind of situation haha. I'll admit that combo'ing is a very important aspect I may have left out, but adding it now would negatively skew the results I have. I'll see if i can somehow use the data I'm gathering and also incorporate the combo'ing factor. I appreciate the input and I'll see what I can do to make it better!

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
Thats pretty cool what you plan on doing with the data! I hope you succeed! I think new players will find it quite handy! I took the survey for all the characters I felt comfortable answering about.

I won't comment on the questions, as you cannot change them now. I thought they were mostly complete anyway. :)
lots of luck, I hope you succeed!

Top Bottom