• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help

zombie_slayer

Smash Rookie
Ok, so this is going to sound like im not using ssbb at all, but it helped me get to where I am now. Im attempting to hack my wii and I used ssbb to start the process. I have gotten to the point where I am putting codes on my sd card and 1. I cant seem to find them on the card, 2. when I put the card in the wii and start gecko from the homebrew channel it says that no codes were found, 3. or my screen goes completely black and freezes so that I have to reset it and try again.

Any help is greatly appreciated

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
First off this should have been in the Hacking Workshop Q+A thread. Second, did you make the codes into a .gct and export them to a folder named "codes" on the root of your SD card?

zombie_slayer

Smash Rookie
Yeah, im new to this board so i didnt know where anything was, and yes i exported them to that file. But i dont think it exports all of them because I only have one RMCE01 thing under that file and it was changed into a notepad document...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Assuming you used Ocarina, did you check all the boxes for the hacks before you exported the .gct? Also, hacks for Brawl should be exported with the game ID RSBE01.

zombie_slayer

Smash Rookie
Yeah, all the boxes were checked and everything. But this is for black ops. I had to use ssbb to start the process. And the code for black ops is RMCE01

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The method of installation has nothing to do with operation.
Smashstack is a more universal installation method, so that's probably not the issue. There is a Hombrew update that was released recently (1.0.10, I believe?) IDK if it has anything to do with that. It would be a better idea to ask on the COD boards, if they have a hacking subforum.

Top Bottom