• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

:/ i need help

asob4

Smash Champion
i've been having doubts in my oli

i've been relying a million times more on my GnW and i hate to say it, but it's been working :'''(

i need some reassurance and help

RichBrown

Smash Master
if you watch that video while listening to the song on my myspace (www.myspace.com/keysoflife) it goes along perfectly if you start them at the same time, and it will put you in a pleasantly surprisingly good mood ;)

You probably plateaued somewhat with Olimar, and because you see your G&W progressing at a faster rate, it's probably why you are drifting away from Oli. the break will do you well though. You'll come back refreshed. Watch some other videos too. I don't even own a Wii so when I'm not on my piano I'm usually watching vids, learning new techniques.

oh yeah, I'm RichBrown at AiB.

edit: oh snap, I'm no longer "TheMasterFoot." didn't even notice XD

Awex

Smash Lord
I've been having my doubts too. But brawl is very matchup centered. It gets tough when even the most ridiculous things outprioritize your pikmin (Zelda down smash > Olimar forward smash?!) or you get gimped quite a bit.

It's a rut, you'll get out of it. And don't worry about going G&W so much that tournament, Ian. SD has disgusting amounts of Marth and stuff. ;p

Here are my counters for matchups I don't enjoy with Olimar..

I go Dedede against:
-Metaknight
-ROB
-Link (Only because that matchup is so dumb and easy...)
I go GW against:
-Lucas
I go ROB/Metaknight against:
-Marth

But for everything else, Olimar all the way.

Taking a break and going to another character for a bit may help though. I might go all ROB next Chula Vista just to try it. ;p

asob4

Smash Champion
thanks guys, and thanks alex
<333333 x a million

maybe it's just marth in general
after another top 8 finish in a local (no marths) i'll be happy
til then i'm makin GnW my biiiitch haha

RichBrown

Smash Master
you are lucky you can play more than one character. I'm not even kidding, if it werent for Olimar I probably wouldn't even play brawl, I simply can't grasp a hold of any other character at all. Olimar instantly felt natural from the first time I ever played him.

RichBrown

Smash Master
I personally wanna learn how to use him simply because of his Uair and Bair, 2 of the most annoying moves in the game haha. How do you do against diddy and marth with GnW? those are by far 2 of my hardest matchups, especially diddy. Metaknight actually isn't too bad for me, albeit difficult.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that called having a secondary? To combat Olimars bad match ups? I second Wario, although he doesn't really cover most of Olimars bad match ups...he's still fun ;)

asob4

Smash Champion
well yes, but i've been playing with him more than oli even when oli has a good match up :/
and GnW/DK cover all his match ups. with oli it covers everyone in the game. unless i missed something

i've beaten good marth's using GnW, turtle is key in that match up. dunno bout diddy, but GnW's glide toss is beastly

Puddin

Smash Lord
There is no real problem in using G&W more the Olimar, even if Olimar has the advantage in the match. You enjoy using both characters, so use them both maybe one more then the other but that doesn't really matter because Mommy and Daddy don't choose favorites (I love the first born more) :laugh: But hey, whatever is necesary to win right?

asob4

Smash Champion
well... it's not the fun thing
it's that my oli lost to a captain falcon :''''''''(
that's just not right

RichBrown

Smash Master
how did that C falcon do during the rest of the tourney? it could be that he was super good and just really knew his character, or really knew the olimar matchup really well.

Awex

Smash Lord
Don't worry Ian, Kyte is just ridiculous with Falcon. He beat Nicktendo's Diddy at Chula Vista 4 and took me to game 3. He was in the lead game 3 as well, I had to make a comeback. ;x

Just remember in the future how good a Falcon can be in the hands of the right player, and how to beat them. (Space like MAD.)

Awex

Smash Lord
Kinda/sorta camp him. If you get purples, go nuts with that. Otherwise just space fsmashes and stuff. Grab combos are ****.

RichBrown

Smash Master
you couldnt grab him? dude, oli's grab is so good you could probably grab roy right outta melee :p haha **** for real though he musta been awesome.

Zori

Smash Champion
I know what you mean, olimar is kickass but sometimes he does not cut it. If you looking for a secondary try someone who has great smash attacks like wario, diddy and GW. Also i lost to CF the other day, but the payer playing him gets first in every tourney he enters so...... i was not too upset. But other then metaknight, olimar has no really bad match ups so hang in there we all have bad days...... wells theirs peach @_@ and yoshi (eggz are too good) and maybe luigi >_> /end rant.

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Skank dont give up on Oli,

kyte is just great at edge guarding. He makes everyone feel used :'[

asob4

Smash Champion
i would never do such a thing
i've just had a lack of faith recently that's all

no johns mike

asob4

Smash Champion
that's just cold mike
now i definitely don't wanna go get free food with you at your dad's restaurant

Zori

Smash Champion
get ***** mikehaze

Leave SKANK alone! Your lucky he even posted for you B@sterds. :p

asob4

Smash Champion
lmao hahahah <3333

it's ok, mike's a friend of mine, he just enjoys picking on me :'( haha

geekd

Smash Apprentice
i hate olimars recovery - I second rob cuz it feels so **** good to be able to fly wherever I please. I love GW's recovery, nair, turtle and dtilt. And if you don't enjoy playing olimar anymore then don't. Listen to your heart

asob4

Smash Champion
i never said i didn't enjoy playing as him
i just don't like getting 3 stocked by marth's in general :'''(
mikeHAZE
<3

Top Bottom