• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with how to deal with Zelda

satanstoenail

Smash Rookie
I have a friend that plays Zelda, i consider myself pretty good against the match up. however i can be really inconsistent at time and i get kicked to my death. anyone have any thoughts for me to deal with Zelda??

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
Against zelda you have to apply constant pressure when there isnt a Dins out, if there is just jab it you HAVE to get rid of dins because it cuts off so many options and can end any hit confirm you do get extremely early.

Besides that hit her or grab her out of any attempts to use Dins as you should be dash dancing just out of range of her fair/bair (Keep in mind at all times she can double fair/bair or waveland out of them too)

neutral b from zelda is one of the biggest problems i have because it shuts down alot of sonics punish options if youre even a little bit late its just important to keep constantly good spacing

Ive been working on homing attack to edgeguard teleports on stage, basically grabbing ledge if they go for the stage release DJ up homing attack and it SHOULD catch the end of the teleport and follow her

Zenokidz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Narukami
3DS FC
1091-8486-9344
http://youtu.be/7JRMcHioMLE
This is what I can offer for dealing with this match up. Zelda can be hard to deal with if you rush in too often. I tend to be more patient against her, and try to punish some of her laggy normals.

satanstoenail

Smash Rookie
hmmm.. i have been forcing myself to be patient against her. not really the way i would like to play sonic, but i guess i dont have a choice against the match up lol. i tend to mix up my approaches. i play very slow and patient, then switch to a fast pace game then go back slow. it is really what i am forced to play as against Zelda.

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
Basically No Dins = Wait for her to try and dins and punish hard if she start to stop using it because you punish the start up every time she loses her way of forcing you to approach

With Dins: just be patient and wait for a GOOD opening

Zenokidz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Narukami
3DS FC
1091-8486-9344
Basically No Dins = Wait for her to try and dins and punish hard if she start to stop using it because you punish the start up every time she loses her way of forcing you to approach

With Dins: just be patient and wait for a GOOD opening
I can agree on that 100 percent. You have to bait out impatient actions from the zelda. Try not to get too predictable with you mix up game either. I tend to do that alot when i have a good lead and its usually why drop said lead. :(

MWEX

Smash Apprentice
Zelda is generally slow, so just try to get in, if you can use your basic bnb's you're good to go.

Top Bottom