• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with Gecko and Brawl hacks

Wombo-Combo

Smash Rookie
I have just begun with setting up an SD card for storing brawl hacks to it, but with the progress I have made so far, I won't get anywhere.

I got the latest version of Gecko on my wii, and an original copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl. I am using a PAL (European) console.

The problem is when I am launching SSBB with gecko (cheats are applied to the game, Gecko confirms it), the screen turns black and it freezes. I have been waiting for about 10 minutes for something to happen, and I belive that it won't work.

I got all the folders and the files customised for the PAL experience (It uses a different patch, some of the folders must be renamed, and the code file is named RSBP01.gct).

But long story short, the wii gets a black screen and freezes when I'm launching brawl with the hacks applied.

I belive that I have installed the patch to the wrong directory. I haven't found out where to install the patch or how to install the patch. It would be much appreciated if somebody could tell me this.

ToastedPudding

Smash Rookie
Try switching to Riivolution. You can find a way to make it almost exactly the same as Gecko. Riivolution is better, so switch before it gets harder to do so. Trust me, it was a hard switch for me.

:phone:

Top Bottom