• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with Diddy!

s0lid

Smash Rookie
Hi

Brawl came out on Europe couple of weeks ago. I have to say, it's awesome game. I absolutely love it. I have played it with my friends very much. In melee, I used Captain Falcon. Not anymore. He doesn't feel just so good anymore. I tried Snake, and he's very good, but broken. Very broken actually. I am big fan of MGS (notice my nickname), but I'm not going to main Snake. I think you guys know why.

Well, let's get to the business. I tried almost every character of Brawl, and there was some characters I just loved. Fox and Falco are awesome, and Sonic is also quite fun character. And then we have this little monkey. Diddy Kong. I just love him.

Diddy is just right character for me. He has projectiles(bananas are great weapon), pretty good
ground game and awesome airgame. But I think that my main strategy is mindgames. And with this little fella, it's good tactic. Diddy has sneaky moves, and I can trick my opponents.

I still need help with him. I need tips against Donkey Kong, Lucario, Pikachu and Samus. My friends main those characters, and I need advice how to fight against them. Donkey is very strong and my friend attacks a lot. He is very good with DK. My another friend uses Lucario and Samus. He likes to use projectiles. He ain't very agressive. He likes to camp and then attack.

Pikachu player uses thunder a lot. He usually defends very well and uses thunder.

Can I have some tips against my friends?

Elated

Smash Rookie
**** donkey kong with two bananas. Hes very big and very slow. easy target. Bananas then quick jabs and tilt attacks then get away. Dont attempt close quarters fighting unless hes slipped on a banana cause he is very strong. when he does fall hit him with small attacks and some peanuts and some quick dashes. get his percent up high then finish with a banana to forward smash.

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
welcome to the forums

i also think snake is broken

idk how to use diddy but u should try watching some videos of diddy...you could learn a thing or two from watchin videos

s0lid

Smash Rookie
welcome to the forums

i also think snake is broken

idk how to use diddy but u should try watching some videos of diddy...you could learn a thing or two from watchin videos
Yeah, I have actually watched videos of Diddy. They are very useful, and I have learned a lot from them. Elated thanks. Those are good tips. I have noticed that bananas are good weapon against Donkey Kong. That "banana to forward smash" sounds pretty **** good. It's simple, but effective.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey s0lid, welcome to the best character in Brawl : 3
If you haven't already, I might suggest you check out the two stickied threads regarding Diddy play. They're a good place to start learning. (/ShamelessSelfAdvertising)

If you want to start learning some advanced Diddy tech, Glide Tossing is a good way to start.

Top Bottom