• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help vs charge characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakotaisgreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaSkarner XLR
I get absolutely stuck vs my friends Mewtwo, and this is an issue that also carries over to Robin, Cloud, Samus, Lucario, and probably other people I'm forgetting.

I don't know how to deal with charge neutral B moves. They sit there charging and if I jump at them I either get shot, or jump into a shield grab. Jumping behind them accomplishes nothing, the dash attack will kill me if I try to use it, double edge dance isn't safe on shield. I'm just at a complete loss. The only thing I can think might work would be to power shield the incoming projectile and get back to rushing into them but there has to be a better way, I don't want to dash into Charge Shots, Shadow Balls, etc and just assume I'll power shield it, that could kill me.

Any advice or videos would be appreciated.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Questions should be asked in the Q&A thread, just so we could have batter organization on the boards. Have you seen Sethlon's analysis videos? They're worth a watch, and he did go over matches where he was against projectiles users. For example, here's a Mewtwo one.

I can't offer that much advice from my experience, sadly. But I did play against a really good Mewtwo player at my local recently. I played a bit more patiently, mostly because I'm really afraid of eating a fully charged shadow ball lol. But because I played a bit more defensively, baiting shadow balls was sort of easy. Maybe try that approach?

I did take Mewtwo to battlefield and dreamland, however. Multiple platforms I could land on did make me feel more comfortable (for example, I did some fake-outs where I would seemingly land on the main stage, Mewtwo fired shadow ball, but then I quickly jumped on a platform). I need to experiment with stages more. I know lylat's tilting property can mess with projectiles, but it really depends who you're up against and the stages you feel most comfortable on. Oh, and learn to powershield (ask your friends if they could help you practice), makes life against projectile users 100x more easier. Mewtwo's fully charged SB does a lot of shield damage, so you could see why powershielding is pretty important (you would take no shield damage).

Gonna close this thread, but I strongly suggest posting your question in the Q&A thread (or even the Roy social or the video thread if you'd like people to critique the matches you're having trouble with), especially if you'd like to continue discussion further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom