• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help I'm overusing..

Nikwadtkhil

Smash Cadet
synced SH blizzards and against normal/advanced opponents it works wonderfully and I sometimes throw in desynced ones in aswell but against torny caliber player's i get shielded for the entirty of the attack and punished severly and nana goes flying away and the opponent chases her and....well you get the picture.

Basically I'm lookign for a better approach that keeps essentially the same space as a blizzard (i can't bair/nair space well T.T)

Also I was wondering what is a good secondary for the IC's who cover their cp's well

i'm proficeient with peach,sheik/zelda,Lucario,kirby, and PT so anyone of those would be preferred but other suggestions are welcomed

thanks in advance

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
RAR BAir or make them approach you with desynched Ice Blocks?

Nikwadtkhil

Smash Cadet
Ice blocks are always too laggy they always hit me through the air and my RARing skills are teh suxxor...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
...Not really. o_o

And if them approaching through the air and getting through your Ice Blocks is a problem, why not use Desynched UpTilts? You're supposed to be covering all of your sides with Desynchs..

CDCP

Smash Apprentice
RARing isn't that hard.
If you not good at that, then I would think you should probably play more, or just practice it.

And as far as IBs go, you just need to know when to stop.
Get an idea of how close you can let each character get to you.

P a i n

Smash Cadet
Gotta agree with KB, with desynching you can not only put constant pressure but you can defend from all sides too. If you're still getting hit from ariel attacks, mix in Utilts with ice block desynch, forcing an approach from your opponent while still maintaining defensive pressure.
If you're after an approach yourself, SH blizzard with SHNair/FSmash/Utilt desych works quite nice too.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I spam the hell out of SH blizzard and get away with it against really good players. As long as you're not too predictable with it, it's a legitimate way of stopping many approaches or just harassing the other dude. Like, if your opponent thinks you're going to blizzard just empty sh, and then maybe blizzard/squall hammer/run forward and shield/roll/etc. afterwards.

Nair/bair approaches aren't very good anyways; it's usually better to just stay on the ground when you approach unless you plan on using blizzard or squall hammer. If I don't want to approach with blizzard, I usually just run around and shield a lot in attempt to get a grab, space myself for a squall hammer (or perhaps blizzard anyways, lol), or an fsmash or something like that. I only approach with nair if I don't want to fsmash or grab, but still want to apply some sort of pressure that doesn't present some crazy risk to me. Bair approach is okay when you're near the edge and want to knock the other dude off the stage or edgeguard; otherwise there are pretty much always better things you can do.

edit: I don't recommend using desynching to approach. The only desynch I frequently use for approaching is dd-> blizzard or ice block (usually blizzard; I don't like ice blocks very much) at low percentages to try to land a grab. Most desynch approaches are too sluggish and vulnerable against people with really good spacing to be very useful. Desynch approaches are pretty good against some characters and on some stages, though (Luigi's Mansion in particular comes to mind). Overall, desynching is better for camping than approaching imo.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Ice blocks are always too laggy they always hit me through the air and my RARing skills are teh suxxor...
Well, I didn't realize this until yesterday.

When you do Ice Block commands, your commands aren't given to the Ice Climbers being desynced until a big delay later because they are desynced. If you see your opponent coming at you from the air, input an up-smash command and expect one more Ice Block to come out before the command is successful. This is where predicting comes in handy.

Top Bottom