• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help!!! Fox vs. Falco

bleachman3111

Smash Rookie
ok, I recently found out that my friend has been training with some other fox user, who has a lot more experience than me as fox. i'm afraid that he's learned very good strategies as on how to counter many of the ones that i have finally mastered. can any of you tell me anything? and maybe some insight as to what a Falco might do when versing a fox

We both use SHFFL and WD often and at a very good rate (mindgames included)

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
Well, what are some of the things you do on him already?

up throw to up smash works well at earlier percentages, and at higher percentages, up throw to dash canceled up smash works well too. Chainthrows work well around higher percentages too.

I mostly use the regular stuff...shffl'd nair to shine, drillshine to wavedash to up throw to up smash, etc.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Fox can own Falco with chaingrabs on FD and Dreamland and PKMN stadium

Also, just watch out for Drllwaveshine combo form falco.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Chainthrow works only 0-approx 60%, however at the higher percents you can up throw to charged up smash if they don't DI, other wise dash jump cancel the upsmash. Expect the drillshine, so shield it, then counter with another shine to force them on the ground. Follow their tech and proceed to punish with more up throws to upsmashes or uairs.

bleachman3111

Smash Rookie
ok, i'll practice on the chain grabs and i'll keep the Up smashing in mind, but what do i do about his SHL? i just could never get by tht thing rele well.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
For SHL, I just try to make my way there, jumping and whatnot, not minding the damage, then shine them, after that one shine, since they fall over, that's when I try to start applying pressure so they don't get a chance to SHL. Doesn't always work, but that's what I do.

GoldenArwing

Smash Rookie
Id have to say fox has a definate advantage over falco. Seeing as he has a better reflector *cough* shine spike *cough* May i suggest training a secondary? The Doc for example? Because I believe he is foxes superior

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I believe Fox vs. Falco can be very even, and stage dependant IIRC. And Doc's not his superior last time I heard, I think even also, maybe slightly towards Fox's advantage.

thanguyen

Smash Cadet
Fight the guy and learn for yourself. You learn more from losing. Let it occur naturally.

Top Bottom