• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help beating Falcon!

Ahnarchy

Smash Rookie
<p>I am hands down 100% better then my cousin at this game, but the second he pulls out Falcon, he wins every match. All he does is Falcon Kick over and over and i cant ****ing beat him. Please help me. what is his #1 counter.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>My mains are (In this order) Luigi, Lucario, Ivysaur, and &nbsp;Mario</p>

Avarice

Smash Rookie
I'm sure a lot of people would agree that punishing falcon kick or whatever B move is the best way to handle a spammy low skill Captain Falcon--or any other character, for intent and purpose. I think you should practice shielding and/or spot dodging your cousin's attacks that are easily punishable, such as Captain Falcon's B moves. Using a jump to avoid the Falcon Kick is possible, but it might make the window to punish your cousin's falcon smaller than you want, so I think your primary concern is learning how to space properly. If you know how to position yourself so that falcon's down B ends right before reaching you, you can punish it for more damage than if you had to chase after him (jumping, spot dodging, shielding). Rather than only having enough time fort an aerial or a dash attack, you could hit him with a smash attack that make the punish hurt a lot more. Just please keep in mind that this advice is based off of the play style I can assume your cousin uses from the post you made. Trying to position yourself based on your opponent using Falcon Kick wouldn't help you at all versus a more competent captain falcon (Jumping and spot dodging would be a very poor choice when trying to avoid a Falcon on a higher level of play). . And, of course, I'm not a genius or expert at Project M or Melee, so the advice of someone else may be better than mine.

To sum it up--No character or specific move will counter your cousin's play style more than the the way you play against him.

Edit: I'm assuming that you're playing defensively. Falcon Kick spam wouldn't be a problem if you kept pressuring him with attacks.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
Space it. Stay far enough away that Falcon Kick can't hit you. Spam a projectile at him until he tries to falcon kick in desperation, at which point you charge a smash attack and wait for him to deliver himself to you.

That or just shield it.

Thor

Smash Champion
Or just use the easiest strategy of all. Play Captain Falcon or Ganondorf and spam Falcon Kick/Wizard's Foot. Whenever they clash hold the analog stick UP so you survive at higher percents (DI his attacks if you know what I mean).

You just beat him at his own game.

If you want to get better at the game though, use the other strategies mentioned above.

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
With Luigi, I believe you can use his down-b into the falcon kick to stop Falcon mid-kick and throw him into the air where you can whack him around. With Lucario, use his down-b to dodge and get behind Falcon where you can punish him. Or you can have a Spirit Bomb waiting for Falcon when he comes at you. With Ivysaur, try his side-b.

The people I play against use Captain Falcon A LOT and sometimes, they're in a mood to spam falcon kick and falcon punch. If I stop their falcon kick with a projectile or something and then try to follow it up with an attack, most of the time they'll just falcon kick again and hit me. So watch out for quick repeats of the move you just foiled!

Top Bottom