• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help against luigi

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I forgot there is another topic like this:( ,oh well

I am very good with fox,but I have trouble fighting luigi sometimes.Can anyone give me some tips against fighting a really agressive luigi?Heres what I cuold come up with fighting a really good luigi
1.keep your distance
2.dont try to waveshine
3.have good mindgames
4.good tech skill

comment if you can give me some other advice:)

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
lol aside from the previous posts. Id assume what the original poster meant was, against a "good luigi." Luigi actually has a better recovery than most other characters, aka his tornado. You cant just all of a sudden get the edge shine magically, not that simple im afraid.

Anyway, against a good aggresive luigi, you should:
1) mind game, with shffls and lasers
2) most likely he'll be sliding your way with grabs and smashes. So attack with aerials when hes coming your way with those ground smashes.
3) watch out for the tornado
4) if he sh aerials, use your usmash, it will out prioritize his aerials. Except if he gets a dair out first.
5) more usmashs, typically a luigi can land his nair before anyone comes close to him, but foxs usmash outprioritizes it.

Other than that, youre on your own. Fox is easily combos and juggled but luigi so just have pro DIing. Other than that, be on the watch.

PS. i can beat a fox player who is waaayyyy better than me, and his falcon too. A smart and fast luigi can mad juggle.

Top Bottom