• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help against Luigi

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
So i migrated to the Luigi boards cuz i need some help

im kind of new to the game so I usually dont know the best way to handle certain situations

Luigi just spams fireballs at me and if i try to shield them i get grabbed everytime. if i try to dodge them i get grabbed. if i dont block them i get grabbed. i try to jump over them and attack from the air, but i just get grabbed when i land.

keep in mind i play a lot of characters that are hard hitters and they usually have slow moves. so i cant just shield and throw out a jab as soon as he tries to grab...its just too slow. what i find works best is to hit the fireball with a jab to get rid of it...but then the luigi just keeps shooting those fireballs and i just stand there jabbing them all day. i just find myself running away the whole game cuz i don't know how to approach/what to do.

also his down special has so much priority that i end up getting hit by it whenever i try to follow up in the air

this happens with any character i play against and any character i play as. i can never find a way to get in or do damage at all and i get grabbed/punished 9001 times whenever i throw out an attack. every time i try to go for a grab it either misses or they attack me before i can grab them. and then i try to play more defensive because maybe im getting punished but that just results in me shielding and running away the whole game because i have no idea what to do.

i need help getting good at this game lol

Last edited:

PXL

Smash Rookie
NNID
nitsugatap
Off your down throws, practice your follow ups, play smart

erickf18

Smash Rookie
using your rolls and dodges help on the grabs. you also want to avoid attacks like his dash attack and side smash because if you dodge one he has a bit of ending lag which is perfect for a quick follow up and i think the grab has a bit of ending lag too.

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Let him take your soul and accept it...no okay then he is really good in the air so stay land bound and push a missed anything lots of his attacks have a sizeable amount of lag

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Do you play any characters that can wall out easily? luigi absolutely HATES that

CapnMelon

Smash Rookie
My first advice would be to maybe shield the fireball, and then spot-dodge when he rushes in for the grab followup. After that you could probably just hit him with a jab combo, most jabs will come out faster than he can re-grab.

If that doesn't help, i'd recommend picking up a character that has a way with dealing with projectiles easily (Ex: Rosalina and Luma, either by having luma tank and then punish, or down special) or using a character with a stronger projectile game than Weegee (Mega man maybe?)

Hope you find a way to deal with it though, not being able to figure out a match-up can be frustrating.

Top Bottom