• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help against advanced snake users.

Loops

Smash Apprentice
My friend is really good with snake and when i try to throw pikmin at him he would use his rocket and dodge through them. And when i try to come near him he would c4 which does a hell of alot of damage. I'm around a close skill level with him, i can still beat him but he can beat me every often and i don't want that happening:bee:.

Any Tips?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
My friend is really good with snake and when i try to throw pikmin at him he would use his rocket and dodge through them. And when i try to come near him he would c4 which does a hell of alot of damage. I'm around a close skill level with him, i can still beat him but he can beat me every often and i don't want that happening:bee:.

Any Tips?
It's hard to give Oli tips.... it'd be easier to just "show" you. Let's Brawl, I'll use Pikmin. You use whoever else you can/want, and you'll see how I play and what I do to win. If you demolish me, then the only thing that happens is that you win, I didn't, and you're still stuck with the same position. But if I demolish you, then you get lots of stuff to help you! :D

4167-4160-0707

Loops

Smash Apprentice
It's hard to give Oli tips.... it'd be easier to just "show" you. Let's Brawl, I'll use Pikmin. You use whoever else you can/want, and you'll see how I play and what I do to win. If you demolish me, then the only thing that happens is that you win, I didn't, and you're still stuck with the same position. But if I demolish you, then you get lots of stuff to help you! :D

4167-4160-0707

maybe when i get the online feature i lost my installation cd and im waiting for my friend to lend it to me. Sadly i'm only good with Olimar and everyone else i'm almost terrible with or not very good. I 'm a good Olimar player its just i wanna know how to get around snakes missiles and c4 explosives.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
That's where sacrificial play comes in. If a missle is coming at you, just pikmin it. You can sacrifice the one, trust me. As for the C4, watch where it's planted, and avoid it. Eventually, it blows up in time or they have to plant a new one.

That's really all there is to avoiding those things. It isn't as hard as it might seem. What's even cooler is, if you jump over the missle, you have time to latch, grab, uthrow, uair, uB for an easy good bit of percentage...

Loops

Smash Apprentice
That's where sacrificial play comes in. If a missle is coming at you, just pikmin it. You can sacrifice the one, trust me. As for the C4, watch where it's planted, and avoid it. Eventually, it blows up in time or they have to plant a new one.

That's really all there is to avoiding those things. It isn't as hard as it might seem. What's even cooler is, if you jump over the missle, you have time to latch, grab, uthrow, uair, uB for an easy good bit of percentage...
yeah i guess, but snake is like a mindgame type of player if i did that he would use his rocket thing that shoots up taking alot of damage and olimars fall is slow.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Olimar's heavier than he looks. Snake doesn't wanna trade hits with him. Keep Snake near his own C4 and he won't want to set it off. C4 should not be a problem.

Missiles aren't a problem if you stick to the air. If you air-dodge past 'em, there's nothing he can do. Don't stay on the ground when you dodge because he can just drop the missile by pressing the shield button and you'll still be in range of the explosion; always air-dodge past Snake's missiles. Meanwhile, punish him by latching Pikmin onto his face and let 'em keep doing damage as he's stuck in the missile animation.

Top Bottom